Chapter 32

I DON'T OWN PICTURE

Surprised yelp escape Chara's lips when Loki pull her to sit in his lap sideways on couch. Loki circle his arms tightly around her waist and hide his face in crook of left side of Chara's neck. She feel how Loki take shaking inhale. She frown worried. She gently rise her left hand top of his head. She gently pet him. "What is it?" She ask gently. "I have want to do this on weeks." He murmur to answer. Chara sigh. "Loki, what is really wrong?" She ask again. Loki squeeze her tighter. Chara wait patiently for Loki's answer while petting his hair. "In that dream which you woke me..... You died..... in my arms. In hands of chitauri." Loki eventually murmur. Chara feel how her shoulder start to get wet. She lean her head against Loki's. "I'm right here. You won't get rid of me that easily." She comfort him. Loki let out unbelieving laugh. 

"It was even worse sight that when you really pass out in my arms." Loki tell scared after a moment. "I'm right here. Safely in your lap." Chara whisper and kiss his head. She lean against it again. Slowly Loki's arms loosen their grip. Chara lower her hand and make plate of pancakes appear on it. She cut them up and put first piece in her mouth. She moan in pleasure when flavors burst to her tongue. Loki freeze on that sound. Chara chuckle mischievously. "You want some?" She tease and smile widely when Loki finally rise his head. He has little blush on his face. 

Chara put new piece in fork and rise it front of Loki's mouth. Loki obediently open his mouth and take it. Little smile form in his lips. Chara look happy at him. Chara feed Loki half of pancakes and sandwiches. He refuse to let her go from his lap. Chara quickly realize Loki need the assurance that she is really safe and accepting his feelings. Chara didn't mind. She enjoy Loki's cold body against hers. They ate in comfortable silence. 

Chara put dishes on table and turn to look at Loki. "I need your help on one thing." She say. "What do you need, pet?" Chara rise her eyebrow on nickname but decide to allow it. "Someone need to chance my bandages, I can't reach them properly." She answer. Loki's smile drop. "You don't have to if you don't want to. I can ask Banner." Chara quickly assure him. "No." Loki growl. Chara frown. "I do it. I don't like others touching you." Loki growl and squeeze her tighter against him. Chara chuckle. "As you wish." She chuckle and smile widely to Loki. 

Chara make new bandages appear on coffee table. Loki look warily between bandages and Chara's face. Chara frown. "You sure, you want to do this?" She ask worried. Loki nod. "Okay.." Chara say and turn so her back is facing Loki. She pull her shirt off. She feel how Loki stiffen. Chara ignore it and take wound cleaner and some bandages. She wet them. "You need to take old bandages off. Then you have to put these wet bandages top off them for couple minutes." Chara explain facing away from Loki. She feel how Loki start to gently take them off. She has to bite back couple hisses of pain. "I'm sorry pet, I'm so sorry." Loki whisper after seeing that. "It is okay. Go on." Chara answer calmly.

Chara reach wet bandages to Loki after he has removed last piece of old bandages. Loki gently put them top of burns. They both stay silent for a moment. Chara feel Loki's cold fingers move across her scars on back. Chara shiver under his touch. "How you got these?" Loki whisper. She swallow chunk from her throat. "Chara, why you have whiplashes on your back?" Loki ask with more strength. He has stop his fingers top of biggest one. "I had to save some slaves. I had to let myself been caught so I could found them. Those traders didn't like how I didn't show fear toward them. They try to do it by force. They had.... some whip with multiple strands and it have iron spikes on tip of every single strand." Chara eventually answer quietly.

Chara didn't dare to look at Loki. She feel how stiff he is. "I think it is time to dry them and put new ones on." Chara say and reach toward new bandages. Suddenly Loki grab her shoulder and pull her back. Chara peek over her shoulder frowning. Loki has dark expression on his face. "Loki?" Chara ask worried. Without a word he reach his other hand to her burns. Chara could feel how Loki heal her burns. Chara stare him with wide eyes, shocked. After he is done, Loki throw used bandages to bin. Then Chara feel how Loki put her shirt back on with magic. "Loki?" Chara ask again, still worried about his expression. Suddenly Chara feel how Loki turn her around, so she is facing him, straddling him. 

Loki pull Chara in hug. He hug her tightly. Chara frown confused but hug Loki back either way. They stay like that in silence some time. "I didn't know you can use healing magic." Chara eventually whisper. Finally Loki pull back and look at her. He grab her face between his hands gently. Chara put her hands top of Loki's. "What is wrong?" Chara ask gently. Loki stare at her with sadness and fear swimming in his eyes. Chara frown and move to put her hands on Loki's cheeks. "You are too strong for your own good Chara." Loki eventually whisper. Chara sigh in relief when he finally talk. She feel how Loki caress her cheeks with his thumbs. She smile gently to him. "I have been alone, taking care for myself, over thousand years. I learn for hard way that I can only trust myself. I did good things and bad things. I lived and survived." Chara answer with sad, gently smile.

Loki stare at Chara's ice blue eyes. "You shouldn't have been." He whisper. Chara close her eyes and shake her head a little before opening eyes again. "It was my destiny. My path and burden. It was what it was." Chara answer gently. Loki growl and his grip tighten. "It shouldn't have be." Chara see anger swim in his eyes as well as lust for revenge. Chara pull Loki to kiss. She feel how it surprised him. Chara kiss him with passion. Loki kiss her back with same amount of passion. Chara pull back first. When Loki look at her eyes, Chara open her mouth. "Revenge won't bring back my time. It won't correct anything. It would bring only more suffering." "But-" Chara put her finger top of Loki's lips, silencing him. "I don't want revenge. I will not bring more suffering to Asgard. I made a promise and I will keep it." She say and smile gently to Loki. "So don't seek for revenge either Loki." She continue and kiss his forehead before moving her finger. 

Loki stay quiet and stare at Chara. She smile gently to him. "It is not worth the cost." She say lastly. Chara move to stand on her feet from Loki's lap. "We need to bring these on kitchen. Then we will go to forest with Kiba." Chara announce and grab the dishes from coffee table. She smirk to Loki and rush out of room. Chara call for Kiba to follow her. "Hey!" She hear Loki yell at her playfully. Chara chuckle and hear how Kiba and Loki follow her downstairs.