Chapter 5

Chara walk beside Loki behind others. Thor glance toward them couple times worried. Chara feel how Loki try to estimate her. She feel how he got frustrated that he couldn't do much with his magic. Chara ignore him. Kiba look warily at Loki. They soon come to living/dining room/kitchen. Chara walk directly to kitchen. "Is someone else hungry? I haven't have breakfast yet. I think I make some pancakes. Anyone?" She ask and smile warmly at others. T'Challa come to room. "I must go. I can't be away much longer from my kingdom. It was nice to see you again Winter." He say and hug her warmly. "Tell greetings from me to Shuri." Chara answer after they broke apart. "I will." He answer, smiled and go to outside after saying goodbye to others. 

"So pancakes?" Chara ask again. Only Thor want some, others politely decline. Chara shrug and turn toward stove. Thor sit on other side of kitchen island. Loki look around and after sensing others hostility he decide to join Thor. He sit down couple chairs away. Surprisingly Kiba lay down next to his chair. Chara look at him surprised but shrug and turn back toward her dough. Chara use magic to help herself. She teleport everything she need next to her. Soon there is delicious smell of pancakes in air. Thor tell some story of his many battles and Chara listen to it only partly. She hum herself quietly. Suddenly she hear someone's stomach rumble. Thor or others didn't hear it, Chara peek over her shoulder and see Loki blushing a little. He try to look indifferent. Chara smile softly and continue her cooking. 

Soon plates, utensils, glasses and tea cups were on table. She put big pile of pancakes on three plates, then she grab ready teapot and put it on table. Soon there is also waterjug, syrup, berries and whipped cream. Chara sit down and pull her plate closer, putting some berries and whipped cream top of it. Thor is already devouring his share. Loki look warily at pancakes front of him. Chara see in corner of her eye that others are looking on them. Chara glare at them, they turn their gaze quickly away. "They really are nosy ones." Chara say and wave her hand. She made illusion around them, so others won't see what they really are doing or saying. Loki look at her shocked. Chara bite her pancakes. She see Loki stare at her. "What?" She ask. Loki quickly turn his eyes back to his plate. He take warily a little bite. When he chew on it first time his eyes lighten up. Soon he is devouring his pile as fast as Thor. Chara smirk satisfied and they continue to eat while Thor tell his story. 

After they have eat, Chara pick the dishes and start to clean them. She has broke her illusion. She hum to herself. Thor has realized that no one listened to him and go to Steve. Loki stay in his chair. Chara could feel others hostile toward Loki too. Suddenly Tony jump to his feet. "What was that?" He ask angrily. Chara use her magic to do rest of dishes. She grab a hand towel and turn to look at Tony while drying her hands. "What was what?" Chara ask politely while tilting her head. Tony take couple steps toward her and point at her with his finger. "You use magic, didn't you? What did you do behind it?" He ask accusing. Chara put the towel on its place and glare at Tony. "We ate breakfast. I got annoyed by you staring at us." She answer coldly. 

Tony grit his teeth. Chara see that Loki look between them confuse and curious. When Tony continue to stare at her, Chara sigh annoyed. "Stark I am not here because you wanted it. I am here because Fury hired me. I don't answer to you, I don't have to please you. I am here for one thing and one thing only. I have no interest to join your little group, I have no interest to befriend with you. So if you excuse me, I have to show this place to Loki." Chara say sternly and wave her hand to call Kiba next to her. He jog to her side after growling to Tony. "You b-" "Watch out for your tongue Stark. You have no idea what I am capable to do." Chara say darkly and let her magic to bite Tony's cheek a little. Tony take scared step back. Chara nod satisfied. "Coming?" She ask from Loki while raising her eyebrow. Loki take one last look toward Avengers before walking after her.

After they have walked out of others hearing range Loki turn toward Chara. "So... You have magic?" Chara nod. "Yes. My main power is ice, but I have learned some useful skills too." She answer. Chara feel Loki stare at her. Then she feel someone trying to reach toward her mind. Chara stop Loki with ice wall. When he try to break it she send ice dagger toward his mind. Loki groan in pain and hold his head. Chara chuckle. "How you do that?" He ask after freezing pain went away. Chara shrug and continue to walk. "With years of practice." She answer shortly. Loki drop it for now. Chara show to him training rooms, library, labs (there Chara saw how Bruce went to hiding and didn't say anything about he being there), others bedrooms and lastly his bedroom. "This is for you, I live right across from you and Thor has room next to yours." Chara tell to Loki. Loki nod. Chara could see tiredness under Loki's mask. "I want to read on some new spell book I find some time ago. If I come and grab you for lunch or dinner later?" She ask. Loki nod again and slip to his room. 

Chara go to hers and close the door after Kiba slip inside too. She flop on comfortable couch, rise her legs on it and groan. "I don't get why Odin take him in but abandon me earlier." She mumble to herself. Kiba lower his head on Chara's lap and whine quietly. Chara turn her head to look at him. "Yes yes, I know. I shouldn't think such things." She whisper while petting Kiba's head. Chara sigh tiredly. She make the book appear in her others hand and start reading it while still petting Kiba. "Maybe I can ask it from Odin himself one day." She whisper lastly before totally concentrating on her book.