Chapter 42

Chara quickly chance on blue t-shirt and black sweatpants with her magic before sitting on table. They eat in peaceful silence, even when Loki glare at Bucky couple times. "Did you catch those men Stark?" Chara finally ask. Others share a look. "What?" She ask worried. Tony lower his spoon down. "I catch them and we interrogate them before handing them to SHIELD." "And?" Chara push him. Others share new look. "For fucks sake, I'm not someone fragile. Tell me." She command while slamming the table. "They were from HYDRA as you said.... Their target was.... You Winter." Chara look at Tony, processing this new information. She lean on backrest and rub her forehead. "Should have seen this coming." She murmur to herself. "Darling?" "Winter?" Loki and Thor ask same time. Others stare at her, waiting for her reaction.

Chara stay silent little while, keeping her eyes closed. Finally she open her eyes and nod to herself. She straighten her posture on chair and look at everyone. "Bucky and Nat, did you ever hear anything about someone called White Death?" They share a look and nod slowly. "What do you know about them?" Bucky clear his throat. "They were number one enemy to HYDRA. They have hunted down and killed many of their members and have managed to stop many operations." He tell others. Chara nod and turn to look at Natasha. "They are a legend. They have killed many Widows and have stop many assassination attempts. In Russia legend tell that they somehow managed to call winter little early at second world war in Stalingrad and that award Russians victory in there. I still doubt that they are same person. They should be hundred years old...." Natasha's voice got quieter at the end and she gasp when realization come to her. 

Chara smile sadly. "I am White Death. I hunted down many Widows, I hunted down HYDRA after war for decades. I was in Stalingrad. I was in north too." Chara tell others. "I am thorn in HYDRA's side. One man recognized me during our first mission. I didn't think that someone else would have, I was clearly wrong." Chara continue and lower her gaze toward her hands in lap. She twist her fingers around. "I'm the reason HYDRA attacked here." She say darkly. Someone grab her hands. Chara turn to look at Loki. "It is not your fault." He say sternly. Thor pat her shoulder from other side. "You saved us on that night. It wasn't your fault those idiots decide to attack here." He assure. Chara give weak smile to both of them. 

"You should probably lay low for a while." Tony suggest. Chara turn to look at him shocked. Loki growl to him. "No no. I don't think it was her fault. I mean that if HYDRA is after her, she should go hide for a while. So we can figure out best way to go forward." He quickly explain. Steve nod. "That sound reasonable." Chara jump to her feet. "I haven't ever fly for a fight. They can come after me as much they want. I will beat them everytime." Chara say angrily. "It isn't about running away. It is for your own safety-" "I can handle them." Chara cut Steve off. He glare at her. Chara snarl for answer. "This isn't your problem alone. This is team's problem. Let us help you." Steve say sternly. Others nod. Chara glare at them. "Fine." She answer grumpily and drop back to her chair. Loki kiss her head comforting.

They discuss about what to do. For Chara's disappointment everyone agree that she should go hiding and lay low for sometime. She try to argue but others won't budge. They argue that she is careless with her life and she should accept their help. Chara snarl to them and remind that she has lived over 1000 years. She has to eventually admit her defeat. They decide that Loki will go with her. Chara agree to go hiding with one condition. She decide where they will go. Others agree.

After dinner and meeting Chara walk angrily upstairs. Kiba and Loki follow her little behind. She slam her door open and her clothes and other stuff start to fly around. They fly right to suitcase that has appeared on bed. Chara growl and snarl while pacing around. "This is bullshit." She murmur to herself. "Hey." Loki say and grab her arm. Chara turn to look at him. "Take this as little vacation. Have you already decided where we will go?" He ask gently. Chara nod. "Yes. Somewhere far away." She answer and finally relax a little. "I hate this Loki. I hate leave others to clean my mess." She finally admit. 

Loki pull her in hug. Chara hide her face in crook of his neck. "They want to help you. Your mess is our mess. You're not alone pet, never again." He assure her. Chara hug Loki tighter. "Never again?" She whisper from her spot. "Never again." Loki assure and kiss her head. Chara couldn't help the smile forming in her lips. She sigh happily and rest of tension leave her body. "We should back rest of stuff and get going." She whisper and gently pull back from Loki's chest.  He gently make her look at him with his finger. "Are you sure you're okay?" He ask worried, looking for answer from her eyes. Chara smile. "No, but I will be." She answer and kiss Loki quickly. "We really need to back." She whisper before pulling back. Loki smirk and soon his stuff start to fly at suitcase that appeared on floor. Chara chuckle. "This is too easy." She tease Loki while walking to her suitcase. He chuckle.

When they are ready Chara lead their way to downstairs. They said goodbye to everyone. Chara frown when only Thor say goodbye to Loki properly but settle for only glaring to others. Chara call Kiba come next to her. "Don't try to teleport. You don't know where we are going." She command Loki who only nod. He has their suitcases. Chara grab Kiba's neck and Loki's arm. "Off we go. Contact us if you need anything." Chara say to others. They wave to them until they disappear.

Chara blink couple times before letting go her companions. She smile and look at cabin front of them. Kiba yip happily and rush toward stairs. "Home sweet home." She whisper. Loki stare the cabin stunned for a moment. "It is-" "Small I know, most of my money went to buy forests around this so.." "Beautiful." Loki end. Chara turn to stare at him. "You mean that?" Loki turn to look at her. "Well, it is smaller than castle in Asgard and have much lesser gold." He tease. Chara hit his arm playfully. "But it is beautiful." Loki say again. Chara smile widely. "Good that you like it." She whisper and grab Loki's arm. "Come on. Let's take our stuff inside so I can show you around." Chara command happily. Kiba has ran back to them and circle around yipping happily. 

I DON'T OWN PICTURE

I DON'T OWN PICTURE