Chapter 31

Chara wonder Loki's strange behavior whole way down. When she walk inside living room she freeze in doorway. Her mouth drop open. "WINTER!" Everyone yell happily and rush to her. Everyone look sincerely relief when she walk in there. "Hi." she greet and Wanda lunge in her chest. "I thought you would really die." She sob. Chara pat her back. "I'm okay little witch." Chara assure her. Then Steve and Bucky hug her, even Sam gave her quick hug. "You made quite a show Winter." Someone say behind her. Chara turn around. "Hey Strange." She smirk and they hug too. "You should have let Wanda or me help you." He scold her. Chara snort. "And might accidentally freeze you. No thank you. I managed it." She answer.

"You really know how to impress crowd miss Winter." Chara push past others. "Fury? What are you doing here?" Chara ask confuse when he rise to his feet from couch. Others chuckle behind her. "Like hell I left you after that. First you take out couple smart asses and then hold up building by yourself while bombs explode around you." He say and pat her shoulder when he came close enough. "I really have to convince you to join Avengers." He say sternly. Chara groan and roll her eyes. "You already owe me two." She answer. Fury rise his eyebrow and stare her. "Like I care about that. After that performance media wait for Avengers to announce you as one of them." Fury answer. Chara scoff. "I think about it." Fury nod and look at his watch. "I need to go now when I know you're okay." He announce and rush out. Soon plane fly away.

Chara walk to kitchen and start to make some toast and coffee to herself. She also throw couple steaks to Kiba. Others start to leave the room to do their things after seeing she really is okay. Thor accompany her in kitchen. Chara make some sandwiches to him too. They eat in silence. "You know, Loki didn't leave your side for a second. He hasn't eat anything either." Thor eventually tell her. Chara stop and stare at him. "He did what?" She ask unbelieving. Thor nod. Chara frown and lower her toast down. She nod to herself. "I see." She jump to her feet and start to make some pancake batter. She find some blueberries in fridge. She soon fry big pile of pancakes while tea boil. She disappear them with some plates and utensils. "Thank you Thor, for telling me. I make sure he will eat something." She thank him and leave the room with Kiba fast behind her. 

Chara walk to Loki's door and knock. No one answer. "Loki, I have breakfast. Come on open the door." She ask while knocking again. Still no answer. Chara frown and test the door. It is unlocked. Chara slip inside after commanding Kiba to her room. Kiba whine but after second stern command he obey. Chara slip inside and close the door behind her. Chara take a moment to let her eyes get used to dim light. She see that Loki is asleep. She frown and start to reach toward door handle to go away. Then little pleading no came for Loki's lips. Chara stop. She turn to look at Loki. He has start to toss around. "No, please don't do it. Don't leave." He plead in his sleep. Chara rush to him. She grab his arm. "Loki. LOKI!" Chara kneel next to him and grab her shoulders. "LOKI. WAKE UP!" She yell while shaking him gently. 

Loki's eyes snap open and he look rapidly around. His eyes stop on Chara's worried face. "You're here." Loki mumble still half asleep. "Where else I would be?" Chara ask with comforting smile. Suddenly Loki pull her top of him and snake his arms around her, holding Chara tightly against his chest. Chara let him do that. Worried what is going on. Loki bury his face in her hair and take deep shaking breath in. Chara lay top of him relaxed. When Loki's arms loose a little she turn her head to face him. "What is wrong Loki?" She whisper worried. Loki stare at her with so many emotions in his eyes. Chara push herself to sit, straddling Loki. "This is making me crazy. What is wrong, please tell me?" Chara plead. Fear and worry squeezing her heart. 

Loki rise to sit up too. He slowly rise his hands to caress her face. Chara frown, she let Loki do that. She would have enjoyed his cold hands on her face if she isn't so worried. "Loki, please talk to me." Chara whisper. Loki swallow and stare at her. "This is so strange to me." He answer. "What is?" Chara ask. "This.... Us. You accept me, you care for me, you worry for me. You want to help me. You allow me to have my magic back." Loki whisper and lean his forehead against her's. Chara see how Loki close his eyes. She slowly rise her hands to cup his face. Chara gently caress his cheekbones with her thumbs. "You're my friend Loki. Of course I care for you." Chara answer gently. Loki lean more against her hands and forehead. "I... I think I want more.... than that." Loki whisper unsure.

Chara stop her thumbs. And look at Loki little shocked and confuse. Butterflies start to fly in her stomach. Loki pull back and open his eyes. He swallow again. "I.... I got so angry when you agreed to dance with that Oaf. Then you danced with others. You laughed and smiled to them." Loki swallow again and lower his eyes. Chara stay stiff in his lap, quiet. "I know I'm Jotun, not Asgardian. I'm criminal. I'm nothing you deserve, but still... I want you, I.... I want to call you mine. Mine alone." Loki whisper. Chara stare at him shocked, joy start to fill her mind. 

After a moment Loki lower his hands from Chara's face. "I'm not worthy." Loki whisper even more quietly. Chara snap out of it. She pull his face to look him in eyes. "Loki... You have no idea how happy you just make me." Chara whisper and pull him in kiss. Chara kiss Loki deeply, soon Loki circle his arms around her and kiss her back. When they broke apart Chara smile widely to Loki. She see that Loki is still unsure. "I'm sorry it took some time for me to understand what you try to tell me. I haven't ever be someone's choice. Me, not my powers or what I can give them. Just me." Chara explain and give him quick kiss on lips. "You should know already that I don't give a damn about your heritage. You are you. No matter what skin color you have." Chara assure him. 

Shy, happy smile spread to Loki's face. Chara kiss his forehead. "But now you and I need some food. Thor told me that you haven't ate anything while I was out." Chara announce and try to move from Loki's lap. His grip around her tighten, Loki growl possessively. "That idiot. Do we have to?" Loki plead. Chara chuckle. "Yes we have. I'm hungry." Loki smirk mischievously to that comment. Chara laugh genuinely and slap his arm playfully. "Not that. Food, I want food." Chara chuckle, this time Loki let her go with pout. "Come on." Chara smirk to Loki and pull him up from bed. She make setting appear on coffee table and walk toward couch, pulling Loki behind her gently.