Chapter 15

I DON'T OWN PICTURE

Chara blink couple times before opening her eyes properly. She look around medical wing slowly. She stop at man standing next to her bed. She recognize that red cape anywhere. "Hi Strange." She croak. Man turn around to look at her. "Hi Winter. You really scare us this time." He greet gently and smile a little. "I assume you take care of that portal while we fight." Strange nod. "You make quite a spectacle, I hear." Strange answer and shake his head. Chara smirk. "I did what I had to." She answer before dropping her smirk. "Where is Kiba?" She ask worried. "That wolf? He wouldn't let anyone near you after you pass out expect Loki, he take it to other room." Strange answer. Chara sigh in relief and move her left hand over her eyes. "Thank God, he is okay." She whisper. Then she realize that she has something on her right wrist. Chara move it and groan quietly in pain. She look confuse at power controller in her wrist. "Yeah... about that. Stark put it on you before anyone could stop him. He say you need to be controlled until they can trust you." Strange tell apologetically. Chara burst to laugh. "He didn't trust me even after that?" She manage to ask between laugh. 

Chara's ribs hurt but she couldn't stop herself. Strange shrug. "That moron think this could stop me." Chara say to herself and freeze the controller to core. She mash it on bed's rail and shake pieces to floor. Strange look at her surprised. "You can break that?" Chara shrug. "It can't block all my powers that easily." She answer and he eventually chuckle. Then Chara hear Kiba howl loudly. She smile. "You should probably let him in before he decide to eat someone." Chara chuckle. Strange roll his eyes and go to open the door. Kiba push past him and jump on bed, landing his paws next to Chara's body. He whine and lick her face over. Chara chuckle and push his head gently away. "Hey boy. I'm okay. No need to worry." She whisper and pet his face. Kiba whine and lick her hands. "Now down." Chara command and Kiba jump on floor, he immediately rise her front paws next to her head and stare at her worried but happy.

Chara frown when she didn't see Loki anywhere. Strange come back looking some scans in his hand. "Where is Loki?" Chara ask confuse. Strange lower the scans. "I didn't see him in there. I don't know." He answer and turn his focus back on scans. He frown. "You have four seriously cracked ribs and your right arm's humerus has long crack too. You have bruises all around your body. It is miracle you're alive Winter." He tell to her seriously. Chara shrug. "I have survived worse." She say indifferent and start to push herself up. "What you think you're doing?" Strange ask angrily and try to push her back down. Chara wave him away. "My bones will heal in couple days and I will fully recover in week. Stop fussing around me. Go make sure Romanoff is alright." She answer and rise to her legs. They feel little wobbly put they hold her weight. 

"She has all others fussing around her, she don't need me." Strange try again, but Chara glare at him when he try to usher her back to bed. Chara rip hospital gown from her and summon some tank top and sweatpants on her. Strange sight in defeat. "Fine... At least promise me you take it easy for a week." He say and Chara nod. "I will." She answer. Strange glare at her skeptically but let her limb away, Kiba following her. He shake his head and decide to go tell others that she is up.

Chara didn't tell Strange that she feel too tired to use magic to teleport in her room. She lean heavily on handrail and pull herself upstairs. She hate elevators so she refuse to use it. She groan in frustration and stop for take a break. She pant heavily and feel how her legs shake. She grit her teeth and force herself to take steps. She move around last corner before facing last stairs to third floor. She use more force with her left arm and feel how stitches stretch. Chara hiss in pain and stop. Kiba whine worried. "What the hell you think you're doing?" Chara raise her head to look toward angry voice. Loki stand there with angry expression. "Trying to go in my room." Chara snap back and move her left leg to new stair.

Chara hear Loki rush to her. "You are seriously injured." He growl and suddenly Chara feel herself to be picked up in his arms. "Loki!" She yell in anger. Loki didn't answer. He carry her effortlessly to her room. Chara curse to him whole time. Loki gently lay her down to her bed. Kiba jump next to her. "I could have manage to come here myself." Chara complain angry. Loki glare at her and turn to go away. Chara sigh. "Thanks by the way." Loki stop and turn toward her confuse. "That you look after Kiba." She continue. Loki nod. "Are you okay?" Chara ask softly, corner of Loki's mouth twitch. "I'm not the one seriously injured." He answer. Chara give him half smile. "Come on, tell me what happened after I passed out." She say and pat spot next to her. Loki sigh and walk back to bed. 

Chara move so Loki could sit on bed and lean on wall. Loki sit down and cross his arms. He swallow and his eyes look haunted. Chara frown. "After you passed out, Kiba... freak out. He whine and try to wake you. Then that other doctor walk in and saw state you were in. He order to bring you inside immediately. Kiba didn't let anyone but me near you so I push your bed inside. Then I had to drag Kiba out. He bite Thor when he try to help, after that others refuse to go anywhere near him. I had to stay with Kiba so I couldn't stop Stark put that controller on." Loki continue and wave toward her empty wrist. He freeze. "What?" He whisper and look confused. "Oh, I broke that. I take your's out when I got some strength back." Chara answer and carefully lift her right hand. Loki look shocked. "You could broke it even when it was on?" He mumble. Chara shrug. "It can't block all my powers." She answer. Loki turn to stare at her. "Who are you?" He whisper. Chara smile sadly. "Someone everyone has either abandoned or feared." She whisper back and turn her gaze to her lap.