Chapter 55

I DON'T OWN PICTURES

Tony has announced that they are holding a party in two days in compound. When Chara asked why, his answer was why not. She has agreed to sing couple songs at the beginning. Chara and Loki sleep in same bed and they barely can be seen without other. Thor is over the moon. He loved the idea that his brother has found someone. Bucky has apologized from Wanda and explained everything to Steve. 

Tony has invited catering service to take care of foods. Natasha and Chara has interrupted them many times, correcting and chancing the menu. After they threaten to Tony that they will leave, Clint drag Nat out and Loki drag Chara out. They both protested but men managed to convince them that everything will be just fine. Soon after that Wanda and Pepper came in rescue and snatch the women to Wanda's room to get ready together. 

"Are you absolutely sure they can-" "Yes Winter. They are professional. Let them do their job." Pepper cut her off laughing. "But-" "You too Natasha." Pepper order. Soon they all start to chuckle. Chara walk to Nat. "We can always safe them later." She whisper with smirk. She chuckle. "You're right." She answer and smiled. They talk for more ordinary things for a while. "By the way Winter." Chara turn to look at Wanda. "Why Loki call you Chara sometimes?" Others turn to look at her curious. "Because it is my first name." She answer and shrug. "Why you didn't tell us?" Natasha ask after a while. "I... I barely tell it anyone. It didn't cross my mind." She answer apologizing. 

"Chara Winter. I like it." Pepper say eventually and smile gently to Chara. "Thanks." Chara answer with smile. Wanda and Natasha try her name couple times too and let the topic go. Chara help Wanda to braid her hair while Natasha put her make up. Soon she has beautiful black cocktail dress on with smokey eyes. Then Pepper finish herself. She has metal light grey dress. Natasha has curled her hair a little and has tight black dress too. Chara has make green smokey eyes makeup and braid her hair. She finally pull on her green and gold dress.

 She finally pull on her green and gold dress

Chara straighten her dress and rise up

Chara straighten her dress and rise up. Others stare at her. "What?" "Why green?" Natasha ask. Chara frown confuse. "Because I like it and it make my eyes pop out more." She explain. "Did it look that bad?" She ask worried. "NO NO!" Everyone assure. "Then what?" She ask still confuse. "You look beautiful. I'm sure Loki appraise it too." Natasha answer with suggesting smile. Chara tilt her head but shrug. They all walk to lounge room. There is already lots of people. "Okay, I think it my time to kick this party started." Chara smirk and wave to others. "Oh Pepper, tell Tony that I'm sorry for stealing his spotlight." She tell to her before slipping through crowd toward stage.

Chara quickly walk to stage and soon spotlight light her. She clear her throat and tap microphone gently. "Well ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for coming tonight. My name is Winter and as you might already know, newest member of Avengers. I promised to sing you all couple songs for start. After that we can all enjoy our evening." She say and wink her eye. She smile happily after hearing people chuckle. "And without further delay." She say and snap her fingers as a mark to the band. 

Chara has already opened her voice while getting ready with others so her voice is clear from the start. She hasn't told anyone what she will sing. She give the crowd full performance. She try to find Loki in crowd. She get little worried when she couldn't find him but keep up her singing uninterrupted. Finally she see how he come down to stairs. She couldn't help the little smile forming in her lips or butterflies that start to fly inside her stomach. Loki stop at the end of stairs and stare at her. Chara wink her eye to him before turning toward the crowd. She get cheering and clapping when last word disappear. 

Chara do a little curtsy. "Thank you, thank you. Now second and last one. You can soon enjoy your evening without me interrupting you." She chuckle and count to three with her fingers.

Chara find Loki and stare at his eyes while she start to sing. She once again want to deliver a message to him and others. When chorus start she turn toward crowd again and start to dance slowly with music. She see how some have find lighters and are waving them in air. She smile gently. She continue to sing strongly. She listened to band and is proud of how well they managed to learn these songs in just couple days. For last chorus she turn to look at Loki again. 

"Love." She mouth after last word to him. Then she turn to curtsy at crowd again. Lounge room burst on whistling, cheering and clapping. Chara straighten herself with smile. "Than you, thank you. Now, please enjoy our party and please comfort Mr. Stark because I managed to steal his spotlight." Chara end and wink her eye to Tony. Everyone burst in laughter, Tony shake his head laughing too. 

Chara put microphone on its place and thank the band. "Please remember to eat something too." She order them before moving toward stairs to get down. Loki is already there, waiting for her. Chara smile widely to him. He reach his hand out. She lay her hand top of it and let him help her down. "You look absolutely gorgeous pet." Loki whisper to her while kissing her knuckles. "You look very handsome too in that suit darling." She answer softly to him. "WINTER!" Thor boom and come to them. 

Loki curse something under his breath. Chara squeeze his hand comforting and turn to greet Thor. "Hi Thor." "That was absolutely amazing." he praise her with hug. It surprise Chara and she awkwardly hug him back with one arm. Loki growl possessively and Thor quickly let go. Chara chuckle when he pull her in his chest as soon as possible. "You have chosen good colors in your dress." Thor smirk. Chara frown and feel how Loki stiffen. "Thor.." he growl to him darkly. Thor put his hands up and slip away laughing. "Loki?" "Mm?" "What green means?" He didn't answer. Chara gently slip out his arms and turn to look at him. "Loki?" Chara gently repeat. He dodge her eyes. She grab his hand. This make Loki finally look at her. "Please tell me? Is this something bad?" She ask worried. Loki bite his cheek and sigh sadly. "Green and gold is my signature colors in court." He whisper.