• Episode 24 •

Y/N POV

It was 6 pm in the evening and Rae was out with her friends.

Fortunately, she found some of her girl friends and she's out with them... with guards following her without her knowledge. And this time there were female guards.

I made sure that none of the guards followed me before getting in the car and sneaking out of the house from the back garage. The guard at the door nodded at me and opened the gate.

I accelerated the car and picked up the speed on the highway.

It's almost the early evening and people were busy minding their own business. This place has changed a lot. I remember seeing it as a kid.

I went down the highway and then past a small shop beside an alley.
Then entered the next lane.

"Gimhae Street" the board on my left said.

I parked my car at a distance and started walking down the street. It was quite unlike those days back when children were running down through it with candies and berries in their hand.
I was one of them...

From a distance I could see the laburnum rooted at it's place just like it was eight years back and even more.

The laburnum top was silent, quite still as I went past and stood in front of the house beside it.

My first home.

Number 71,
Gimhae Street, Daegu.

I stared at the two-storeys house, it's still the same. Just the gates are rusted and the navy blue color paint has faded.

I cringed at the sound of the metal creak when I opened the gate. Whoever is owning this house for now hasn't thought to renovate yet.

I wonder who is living here now.

The garden which once used to look so happy with all types of colorful flowers in it is now just filled with not so good-looking grasses.

The house was left out in total darkness which made me think if anyone would be there inside. It was just the street lights and neighbor's lights.

Not a single soul was out here.

I thought to take a look on the left side of the house. A door was there from which I used to sneak out and run around in the garden when Dad used to chase me while playing.
I smiled bitterly at the thought.

The door was right there where I thought it would be. I turned completely 180 degrees towards the wall opposite to it. Walking towards it, I kneeled down. My hands reached out to touch it.

Jung Y/n.
It was carved by a small Y/n 10 years back...

Tears started brimming in my eyes. I pushed them back and backed off the wall.

Suddenly an angry wind stirred up making me shiver in this cold. I hoped that the door beside me would be open and it was. Without caring to open my sneakers, I went. I tried to search for the lights and when I switched it on, the scene in front of me horrified me.

I was in a room I knew. I found myself in the midst of things I did not want to see again but which oppressed me in the strange atmosphere.

No one was there in the house but the day before I left this house, the arrangement I saw back then is still the same now. not a single object moved from it's place.

EVERY DAMN THING WAS ON IT'S PLACE AS IT WAS EIGHT YEARS BACK.

There's no way it would be the same if someone would've lived here afterwards.