• Episode 43 •

Y/N POV

Stunned.
I was stunned at my family looking at me with adoring eyes. Everyone was there. Starting from my biological dad to Xavier and Xylia to TXT to BTS to my sister-in-laws, everyone I knew dear to me. I covered my mouth to let that muffled cry be inside me.
They did a lil set-up for me.

I never had a birthday with mom. She never cared. And today after almost eight years, I had everyone who cared and loved me in front of me on my special day.

I was speechless would be an understatement.

"Hey hey, we didn't plan this all to make you cry, sunshine." I cried my eyes out in his embrace. This was too overwhelming. The one who didn't care about her birthday at all because she thought it's total shit and nothing is having a real blast now.

After my crying session, Chim turned me around just to see my step-dad looking at me with a huge smile on his face. One thing was awful for me, he was on a big screen. He wasn't here. He's on a video call. I was sad that he couldn't come here.

"Happy birthday, princess." He said. I smiled at him genuinely and thanked him.

One by one everyone came and hugged me, gave me forehead kisses and wished me heartly. Being the youngest is an advantage to be loved by everyone. Between everything, I literally forgot my birthday.

I never really celebrated my birthday as I lost interest after dad left. It was no good after that. Beomgyu always insisted on celebrating but I kept on declining his offers and plans. It was just a day like any other after all. But when you get family's love that's when you call your birthday a special day.
I realized this today.

"Got 'em some gifts downstairs." A smiling Jinnie said.

"Now let's cut the cake? I'm hungry, bun!" He whined like a lil kid and I rolled my eyes at him.
The cake looked delicious honestly. Could say it was baked at home. And I bet it would be done by no one but Clara, Rae and Ava, my dear brothers don't know how to cook except Jinnie and Yoongles.

"Dad..." I mumbled as I held his arm and placed my head on it. He was standing a bit far away and I thought to catch up.

"Happy birthday again, sweetie. I'm sorry you had to suffer a lot all these years but I promise I've given the responsibility to someone who would fill the blank spaces in your heart. You've been so strong and I can't be more proud. You're really my girl." His words tore me up.

"Dad, can we let go of the past? Can we live like we used to? Of course, I can't let the scenarios play out again but we can live happily, right?" I knew I was talking utter rubbish but I could try. There's always a hope.

"I wish that could happen. I'm sorry you didn't get a mom you wished for. But I know your soulmate's family will love you dearly." His smile assured me but-

"How did you know who my soulmate is? I don't know him myself."

He let out a chuckle. "I met him already. He knows that you're his soulmate. Just wait till night, he will reveal himself soon. I believe him and his family. You're already into good hands and more good things for you are yet to come."

That... is...umm... what should I say? I just nodded. My dad met my soulmate and already believes him. He must be the best one for him. I believe him more than myself.

These things were always cringy to me but you see love isn't that bad after all maybe.

"You know when the first time I saw you months back was in the mall when we bumped into each other."

"It was you, dad!?"
That's why his eyes were so familiar to me. He nodded.

"Go, have some time with your siblings." I agreed with him and went back to them.