• Episode 39 •

NAMJOON POV.

"They're starving tonight." I heard someone saying. Turning back, I saw her poker face.

I was in the library after lunch. And then thought of being here till dinner.

"What?" I giggled as I went towards her and kissed her forehead softly.

"You look really pretty."
She rolled her eyes but failed to hide that smile on her beautiful face.

"Give me a book to read." She said as she poked my waist in tiny.

"Any specific genre?"

"Nope." She paused for a bit and said.

"Here." I said as I passed her Sky, Wind and Stars by Yun Dong-in.

"Oh yeah. I've heard that he used to write beautiful poems but some were never published. And he was recognized as one of the conscientious intellectuals in the latter half of the Japanese colonial period, and his poems were based on criticism and self-reflection of the Japanese colonial government and the Joseon Governor-General." She said while looking at the author's name.

"I'm going to read it. Thanks." She said as she took a seat and started reading.

She carries so much information??
I wonder what her IQ is.

...

Y/N POV.

A FEW DAYS LATER.

"You're one of the bravest girls I've ever faced." I heard BTS' dad's voice through the other side.

I smiled at the thought that my dad also used to say that to me. I haven't talked to him since the last time we met. I don't have his number, maybe Xavier has.

"Does Mom know about you?"

"I'm afraid the answer is no."
If she would've known, she would've set up a scene and would've forced to get divorced.

"Do you know why she left my dad?" I bit my lips.

"I know..." His voice came like a whisper.

"Thank you for helping him in times of need." I took a deep breath.

"Y/n, your dad didn't only worked for me. He was one of my best friends too. We shared a great friendship."

"You love mom?" I asked out of blue.
I couldn't hear him for a second. I thought the call got disconnected.

"No."
Oh...okay?

"So, why did you marry her?"

"To take care of you. I promised your father that no matter what I'll take care of you and your needs. Your father knows Soo-ah will not behave as a mother to you. So, marrying her was the only solution to give you the love and care that you deserve."

"But-

"Soo-ah doesn't need love, she's greedy for money. I knew this all these months after spending time with her. We mostly did business work and I was busy with other work too. She was busy buying whatever costly things she could. One good thing about her is that she works well. That's the reason why I made her my P.A."

I felt bad. My mother is just a gold-digger and nothing. He lost his wife years back and re-marriage with someone like this just breaks your heart more, that even if one re-married couldn't get a good wife.

"Don't worry about me. I'm fine and will be even."

"Everyone says that. But in reality, we're broken in one way or the other."
A sad smile took over my lips.