• Episode 49 •

2 YEARS LATER.

A/N POV

"Appa, hwelp. Pweasee."

Probably a one and half year old little girl ran with her tiny legs, giggling towards her father who was standing right at the end of the staircase. Y/n ran behind her, smiling at the little one.

SDKSLDKJSKJDSKASKSKS, I'M KIDDING—

HALF A MONTH LATER.

Y/N POV

"Ava! We're getting late." I yelled from downstairs.

It's a lazy Sunday today when everyone is supposed to be chilling, giving rest to their worked-up mind but this isn't the case this time.

There has been some uprising at the office. I've seen that on the news too. It's been probably two days since it started. They've been brain racking to solve the problem. It must be a hard one.

"I'm h-here." I heard Ava stepping down the last step of the staircase.

"You okay? You look a little pale." I asked, being concerned. She has been ill lately.

"I'm fine. It's just that I've an upset stomach." I nodded, doubting her. There was a need for her in the office today. I already guessed Jin wouldn't let her work as a receptionist anymore. Scanning her records, he raised her position as the investment head, the CIO of Kims Corporation.

It isn't like she is his soulmate so he appointed her as the head. It's her records and achievements back in her hometown that she was eligible for the position.

"Let's go? I grabbed some medicine along with me." She said, breaking my thoughts away.

A/N POV

Clinking the glasses together, everyone moaned for their success in the recent project in which they were working under the former head of The Kims Corporation of Seoul as he was. A buzz sound distracted him, he excused himself and accepted the call.

"Hello." He spoke as he picked up the unknown number.

"Long time no see." The voice clearly belonged to a female.

His jaw tightened within seconds. Anger shot up quite quickly but he held himself.

"Jung Bong-Cha." He greeted her.

"Kim Sung-ho." He felt her smirking and so she was.

"How have you been?" She continued.

"Pretty better without you." He replied.

There was silence for two seconds before she continued.

"Well, then I've a surprise for you." The perfect Korean accent slipping from her mouth.

Y/N POV

I wasn't surprised at all. There were at least fifty people in front of the company, having a shelter on top of their head and protesting. I read the banners as I drove in front of them.

"Kims Corporation Fraud."
"The company should shut down."
"Lazy workers."

And blah blah blah. I heard a gasp beside me. Ava stared at the banners wide eyed. It was shocking for the one who knew nothing about this. I've been able to grasp a little of the information about this situation back at home.

"Ignore them. They're just here to create a scene." I spoke as I turned the steering of the car to the left, moving to the tail of the building.

"But how could they? These are absurd! How can they call the workers lazy when everyone works so hard every single day?!" I flinched at her sudden outburst. The Ava I knew wouldn't react so spontaneously.