Longing for your love (Craigson)

1/22/22

The song at the top is what inspired me to write this. Also, a quick thank you to Lunaticwithpigtails on Amino, she came up with some of the plot.

Jason woke up in a cold sweat in the morning, he anxiously looked around clutching hard on his blanket covering his lower body

Jason woke up in a cold sweat in the morning, he anxiously looked around clutching hard on his blanket covering his lower body. He inhaled then exhaled and wiped his forehead, he had just woken up from a terrible nightmare about a boy from the creek, Craig Williams confessing to that girl, Wildernessa.

But thankfully the horrible nightmare was over, after capture the flag. Things have been back to normal with the king gone, Jason didn't really expect anything from Craig like a reward. He knew helping the creek along with Craig wouldn't mean other kids had to kiss his feet, due to what he learned from Craig this didn't bother him.

Jason got out of bed thinking he slept long enough and got ready for the day. When he was putting his plate into the sink, he heard a knock at the door. His parents weren't home and he wasn't expecting anyone, he assumed it was maybe Boris or Tony so he answered the door. To his surprise, Craig Williams was at the door.

"Craig?"Jason said with surprise, Jason redden seeing Craig actually at his doorstep, he remembered how his heart broke at that nightmare he had about Craig but now it felt like it healed just by Craigs presence and now it was beating for him. "Hey, Jason. I know it's been awhile but I wanted to come over to your house to hang out, don't worry it's not cause I wanna dig up your backyard. I came to just hang out"Craig confirmed. "Hang out?"Jason asked, "Yeah, but if you can't that's-"Craig tried to say but Jason grab onto Craigs hand with both hands and brought him inside. "No! No! It's fine, come in I'm free to hang out"Jason said flustered bringing Craig inside the home. Surprisingly Craig didn't mind Jason holding his hand but Craig didn't know why it felt so nice to him.

Jason shut the door behind him and faced Craig, "Oh, well thanks"Craig smiled, "Don't mention it...I'm free to hang out if you wanna hang out again..."Jason said. Jason searched his brain for things he can do with Craig, but he couldn't maybe he could just watch something with him until he finds something. "Wanna watch a movie? Sorry I don't have any ideas on what we could do together"Jason said remembering how him and Craig used to fight endlessly but here they were, hanging out genuinely. He was surprised that all those words haven't lead to anything bigger.

"Oh it's cool, I thought I'd stop by"Craig said walking with Jason to Jasons bedroom. Jason then opened up the door to his room hoping his room wasn't messy. Luckily, Jason remembered to tidy his room before Craig came, Jason opened up his laptop and pulled up a movie for him and Craig to watch. But as Jason was pulling up the film, he heard Craigs voice. "Cool! You have an 8 ball!"Craig said in excitement holding Jasons 8 ball from his dresser near his bed.

Usually Jason wasn't too fond of people touching his things without permission, but he thought Craig looked cute excited. "Y-you wanna ask it something?"Jason said in hope to make things less awkward, "Yeah! How do I work this thing?"Craig asked. "I'll show you"...

Time Skip

Jason and Craig sat down on the rock that was in the backyard that covered those notebooks Craig and his other friends needed. Dinner time was almost here so Craig and Jason were just resting on the rock together. Craig then looked at Jasons hand that was sitting on the rock next to his hand, he thought about how close it was and wondered what would happen if he held it even if it was only for a second. But, Craig didn't and took his eyes off Jasons hand, he just wanted to go back to Jason and see how he was doing not receive these feelings.

"H-Hey...Craig...Thanks for coming over, I'm just...Glad you're not angry at me or hate me for everything..."Jason said but later looked over to Craig mid sentence, he started to think Craig was starting to think he was weird. "S-sorry...I don't know what I was saying, it was stupid. Sorry I'm always letting my thoughts run loose..."Jason apologised turning red brightly, "Oh no, it's not stupid Jason. I actually wanted to come and hang out, I thought it'd be nice to go back to your house to hang out and maybe try and be on better terms, you know try and be friends..."Craig said rubbing the back of his neck.

Jason did a surprised look, that sentence really made him red. At first Jason thought he was just getting hot but he realized he was blushing. "You're actually interested in being friends?"Jason said, "Yeah, I was nervous you might not wanna be friends and you were only bothering to interact with me to save the creek"Craig sighed. "Craig, I was interested in your friendship too, but because of how I used to act I thought you wanted to...Not be friends..."Jason sighed thinking about if maybe Craig wanted something more.

Until a horn was heard from the creek, "Oh, guess it's 6 already. Bye, Jason"Craig said getting up from the rock, "B-bye, Craig..."Jason said surprised at how much the day faded. "And also, I had fun today with you. You wanna hang out again sometime?"Craig said facing Jason. Jason did a look of surprise but felt somewhat happy he was gonna hang out with Craig again, "S-sure..."Jason smiled.

Jason knew well about his crush on Craig, he dreamt of being with him but Jason didn't wanna rush things due to Craig just becoming his actual friend. Maybe Jason could give it sometime before actually saying something to Craig.

Time skip

"I'm actually his now..."

Jason thought to himself with his arms around Craigs arm while walking with him. After a few months of hanging out with Craig, Jason finally spilled how he felt. It was hard but he had to do it, turned out Craig felt the same and they were now dating. After only three days of dating, Jasom still couldn't believe Craig was letting him have his arms wrapped around Craigs arm in public, on their way to their first date. "Why you blushing so much, love?"Craig joked then pushed the button on the crosswalk. "It's just a thing you do...You're so cute..."Jason said as Craig waited for the cars to stop.

"You're cute too"Craig smiled kissing Jasons forehead crossing the street with him. "I never wanna let go of his arm...".