Poetry (Tabitha X Courtney)

8/9/22
Takes place before Tabitha has to head to college next year so they could be any age between middle school or high school.

Tabitha laid in her bed in a cold afternoon, her dad was talking on the phone with someone and she was in just in room listening to music on her phone while staring at the Dead Poets Society poster on her ceiling. Just when the favorite part of the current song she was on a phone call from her girlfriend came.

Tabitha took her headphones out and answered the phone, "Hello"Tabitha said fiddling with the long string attended to her headphones "Hey Tabi, so you know that poem we had to write for english class? Well uh...I was working on it and now my poem is a mess, I wrote a poem where the house is on fire, rats are crawling up the walls, the wife is wanted for murder cause she found out the dad was cheating and the kids are trapped in the oven somehow...Don't ask how I wrote this...All I know is that I don't know what to do and I can't turn this in..."Courtney explained over the phone.

Despite Tabitha thinking that her girlfriend wrote a pretty interesting poem she knew Courtney would get in trouble for turning that in. "Okay okay, the poem had to be a certain genre and it didn't have to be have a specific meaning"Tabitha said, "Yeah, well I have bad writers block I didn't think of a backup plan, I wanted to write a fictional poem about I don't know, a family and suddenly I wrote this"Courtney mumbled.

"Hmm, well whenever I have writers block I usually just listen to music to get an idea or take some memory, exaggerated it to make it into a poem and I'm done with writers block"."Or we smoke a blunt and see what we think of, I thought that's how all the poets get their ideas"Tabitha joked over the phone. Courtney tapped her pencil and finally thought of something. "I got it! I'll make this poem about our first date when we started dating"Courtney said.

Tabitha felt her face get redder than the rug in the room, "Are you sure?"Tabitha asked. "Yeah, besides no one will know it's about us and in the poem we can add our own twists to it"Courtney said.

Courtney put Tabitha on FaceTime and they made the poem together, Courtney did all the writing since they were at their own homes but it still felt nice to spend the afternoon like this.