Jackie X Mute! Reader

Requested by:LunaHanahaki
3/13/22
The song, Jumprope by Melanie Martinez helped me a little bit to write this.
Keys:
(Y/N):Your name
(C/O/C):Color of choice
(H/C):Hair color

"What is this?"Xavier said staring at the item you placed in his hand, it was some an apple, gum and 50 cents. For awhile, you have been apart of King Xavier's side of the creek the most monstrous kid you've known. Talking wasn't something you could do, you've never done it. But when you came to King Xavier's side of the creek he saw your silence and gave you candy, treats and many wonders a child your age would love. But, he gave you them to never leave his side of the creek no matter how terrible you thought Xavier was.

So you were forced to just stay in his kingdom in the silence you were given since birth. He claimed he was the only one you could trust in this talkative world, but you found the champion of the water lilies and befriended him. He didn't talk much, but he was nice to be around. At first he was scared of talking too much because he thought he'd make you leave but you didn't. Even though you had to draw in the dirt to speak to him, you liked it.

You took out a notepad and pencil and wrote down that you were leaving this kingdom and that he could take back all the stuff he just gave you. And with that, you left his side of the creek and joined the other side of the creek. But that was only a year ago.

Now, you were apart of Craigs side of the creek. But, a few weeks ago King Xavier invaded your side of the creek, putting you under his control again. But, on the bright side you could play at the creek with Jackie again. Maybe you were even getting a not so small crush on him. You and Jackie usually just chatted alone in the creek, even though Jackie was the one doing the talking and you just wrote down what you wanted to say in the ground with a stick. You didn't realize you fell in love with Jackie until you joined this side of the creek and being in it with Jackie made your heart race.

Time Skip

"There! Now I told you your real hair color was nicer!"

Xavier said with his hands on your shoulders, so you know how that Xavier guy always tried to control you when you were apart of his kingdom? Well, now that he invaded this side of the creek he's trying to do that again. He claims he's doing you a favor and that he was just protecting you but he wasn't. You hated him.

And today he made that hate grow, back when you just left Xaviers kingdom someone close to you ended up passing away, you were really upset about it but you couldn't say how sad you were. So, you used hair dye chalk to dye your hair their favorite color. That ended up giving you the idea to use your hair to express yourself and also feel like the person that passed away is still with you in some way. But today, Xavier ended up saying he liked your hair without the dye better and what Xavier wants he gets. Unfortunately you couldn't verbally defend yourself.

You looked at your hair in the mirror, it felt weird seeing your hair...Without dye. You wished Xavier kept it the way it was, "Besides, hair dye ruins your hair you should thank me I saved you from a bad hair day"Xavier said. You rolled your eyes then got up and left to hang out with Jackie good thing he wanted to talk to you. When you finally got to where Jackie wanted to meet you, he looked surprised to see your dye washed out. "(Y/N)? What happened to your dye?"Jackie asked, You got a stick and wrote in the ground, "Xavier didn't like my hair dye so he made me wash it out, he liked my hair in it's natural color".

Jackie did a surprised look that Xavier actually did that to you, "*Sighs* He's trying to control you again, now he's making you look a way he wants you too"Jackie sighed. You nodded in disappointment, "But, he won't control you forever and he can't erase what you want for yourself"Jackie said. "What bright side?"You thought to yourself, since you always used your hair to express yourself you felt silenced despite always having to stay quiet your whole life.

Time skip

You walked down the street, plastic bags filled your hand since the other one was busy holding Jackie's. A few days ago, one of your biggest blessings happened. Xavier was defended and no longer invading the creek. There were no 'other siders' or king to rule, it was just the creek where everyone could play and even look how they want, even you. And the best part was, Jackie finally confessed to you. Turns out Jackie was afraid of confessing to you sooner because he thought if Xavier found out he'd think Jackie was dating a traitor since you left Xaviers kingdom, and put you or him in the maze.

Despite the fact Jackie was the one doing the speaking in this relationship, neither of you guys minded. Finally, the two of you were at your house and this time you got some real dye not the chalk that could be washed out. When you and Jackie were finally in your bathroom, you put a towel around your shoulders and sat down "What color?"Jackie asked getting the hair dye out of the plastic bags. You pointed to the (C/O/C) bottle, you remembered the person that passed away and decided to dye your hair their favorite color again.

Jackie nodded and got the (C/O/C) bottle, dipped the hair dye brush in it and let the hair dye go on your (H/C) locks.