Lockdown (Gordy X Keef)

11/28/22
Decided to make one more one shot before I put this book on hiatus/Take a break from writing. I'm tired and I wanna focus on school/My other hobbies more (Not that I've been neglecting school for Wattpad, don't worry) Based this off my own experience from when we had a soft lockdown at my school, some is creative writing some is from that event.

Gordy's POV:I tapped my pencil against the worksheet I was working on, 8:40am and I gotta deal with math class. Some say I'm lucky to have math as my first period class cause that meant I got the hardest class over with, but I still hated it. The vice principal was our sub surprisingly, as the class was working his walkie talkie kept going off like crazy. Apparently some kid was 'acting out', I ignored it even though it seemed like the vice principal wasn't even trying to hide it. The student was lucky the teacher talking didn't expose them, the vice principal gave an annoyed sigh then stepped out the classroom with the door open. "I'm currently subbing for a class, you'll need to get someone else"The vice principal said hiding how annoyed he was getting. He walked back in the classroom as if nothing happened, some students tried being nosy by asking what was happening to which the vice principal didn't answer to. It didn't take long for his walkie talkie to start blowing up even more and he was stepping out the classroom more and more, he sighed and put his walkie talkie away. "Kids, I need all of you to turn in your papers and head straight to the benches where you eat lunch, c'mon pack your stuff"The vice principal said after his last talk on the walkie talkie.

I turned in my half completed paper and slung my backpack over my shoulders, "Don't worry, you'll finish these later"The vice principal said collecting everyone's math worksheets. We made our way to the benches where we ate lunch, I sat there alone cause I don't have any friends in my math class. A group of boys ended up not following orders and snuck off somewhere, I just sat there hoping to get off these benches soon. After 5 minutes the loud speaker started to go off.

"Students, we are currently going into a soft lockdown, please remain calm and find a way to a room to stay in"

I was surprised we had to go into a soft lockdown, was it cause of the kid acting out? I got my backpack and made my way back inside the school building, my math class was hurrying to get inside any classroom available before they got full. I quickly made my way up the stairs and I heard a door open, the office. A woman with greying hair and golden glasses opened the door for me, "You can come inside, sweetheart. It's okay there's no need to be scared"The old woman said having the door open in a calming and sweet tone.

I made my way inside the office wondering what made her think I was terrified, maybe it was how I was hurrying to get up the stairs. I always get up the stairs that way.

There were a lot other kids there, "You kids follow me and I'll get you a room to stay in"The old woman took us to some rooms that looked empty, I made my way into a room with just a long table, a whiteboard, office drawers and shelf's. I was originally gonna sit at the long table some other girl was sitting at typing on her school ipad, but I looked at the corner of the room. I hit jackpot.

In the corner was Keef sucking on a lollipop playing on his phone, "Keef!"I said running to his side happy I wouldn't be bored, "Oh hey, Gordy! Didn't think you'd be in here, there's candy in here too!"Keef said then pointed his lollipop to the candy bowl on top of one of the tall office drawers, there was a candy bowl there free for anyone to take some candy. "Don't worry they said we could take some"Keef said seeing I was looking pretty hesitant. I made my way to the candy bowl and got myself some candy, I shoved it in my pocket so I could eat it later in class if I get hungry.

"Hey, Keef do you know what the heck is going on?"I asked sitting down next to Keef using the second outlet to charge my phone, "Oh yeah, apparently some kid got into a fight and now they're being interrogated by the cops"Keef sucked on his lollipop. "Oh...". "We might be in here for a bit, I got stuff we can do in my backpack"Keef said. Keef dug in his backpack and got out some uno cards and poker cards, "Don't worry we're not gambling, I'm broke"Keef said then set up the cards, "Which you wanna play? Uno or I can teach you card games I know"Keef said having both cards out for me to chose.

I liked uno but I wanted something new to play for once, "How bout you teach me what we can play with these poker cards"I said picking up the poker cards he had. "Perfect! I'll teach you one, war...".

Time skip

I watched Keef put away the cards, after our card games I looked over at the girl that was at the table doing some work and saw she had fallen asleep after completing all her assignments. "Don't mind her, she had an essay due today and finishing it right now took a lot out of her, we should just let her rest"Keef shrugged putting the uno and poker cards in his backpack, I assumed what he said was true since he's been in the office longer than me. I took out my phone being curious how long we've been in here.

I was shocked to see we should have been in second period as of now, if we left now we'd only have 20 minutes left of second period. "We've been here for awhile, police interrogations take this long?"I asked, "Probably, c'mon now let's watch a movie on my phone"Keef said getting out his phone, he put one on called, 'The Mask'. I didn't protest, I just took my charger out the outlet and watched the movie with Keef, we made sure to keep the volume down for the girl that was asleep.

Time skip

I blinked and rubbed my eyes, I must have fallen asleep. I put the movie back to where me and Keef left off before realizing the extra weight on me, I looked and saw I wasn't the only one that fell asleep, Keef fell asleep too and was clinging onto me. Some would say he was being clingy but this actually felt nice. I didn't even think about waking him and just went on my phone and let the girl and Keef sleep.

After about 10 minutes the girl woke up, I pretended not to notice and continued being on my phone. The door opened and a teacher came in, "Just checking on you kids, don't worry this lockdown should be done soon, is there anything you kids need?"The woman said with her head peaking out the door, "Where's the bathroom?"The girl asked moving her hair out her face. The woman escorted the girl out the room to the bathroom and I saw a pair of blue eyes staring at me, Keef was awake.

"Hey dude"I said as he sat up, I continued to be on my phone with only one hand. Then, I felt something cover my hand. It was Keef's hand, I realized the door was half shut and he was doing this cause we were finally alone. "Hey Gordy, I've been thinking, I think our bromance lost the bro"Keef said as I put my phone down. "So we just have mance?"I asked, now that I think about it I hope no teachers saw us.

"No...I think our bromance has been replaced by romance"Keef corrected "Oh..." I dunno what got over us, but the next thing I know we were leaning into each other to put our lips together. But it was interrupted when the door opened, we slammed our backs to walls pretending nothing happened. The girl was back from the bathroom and she went on her phone to wake herself up, she had no idea when we came back into the room me and Keef were so much more than friends.