Trophy child (Craigson)

7/30/22
Trigger warning:Implied and non implied depressive and suicidal thoughts, if that makes you uncomfortable please tap out this story. This fanfic is not meant to make fun of those with suicidal thoughts or depression, in no way am I trying to make depression seem 'quirky' or 'cool', if you think that it is please leave this story and don't read my work.

Jason was woken up early in the morning by his father. Bring your son to work day was here for his father and his dad made this an opportunity to show how great his son was. Jason was forced to wear his badges there to make his dad look good. Jason knew he was only coming so his dad could brag to his coworkers, then be ignored for the rest of the day. Jason didn't even bother trying to talk to his dad and just stared out the window with some earbuds in listening to his favorite songs.

The day was just like how Jason thought it would be, his dad used him as this trophy to gloat to his coworkers. None of them brought their own kids so they couldn't brag at him back. At one point Jason lied and said he was going to the bathroom and he just sulked in a stall. He was just his dad's trophy not son, he thought back to when he was younger and his dad got him to join the forest scouts not knowing it was just his dad's way of getting him away from him.

"I can't stay in here forever, but then again my dad wouldn't really care if I was gone. He wouldn't say my son is missing, he would say my trophy child is gone so I can't look like a big shot"Jason thought to himself with his face in his knees as he sulked. Eventually he came out the stall to try and push through the day.

Time skip

By the time he came back home he felt suddenly burnt out. Thankfully he had Craig's house to go to, since him and Craig were friends now Craig didn't mind him coming to his house. Craig's family never made him feel like a burden, some trophy, like you need to change your whole species just to get your step mom to like you or want to-

"Hey Jason, come in"Craig greeted opening the door for Jason after he knocked. Jason stepped inside, "How was the bring your son to work day? Any coworker fights?"Craig asked joking around the last bit to which Jason laughed. "No...It went how I thought..."Jason sighed sadly. Craig caught up to Jason's sadness and his joking was put to an end. "Oh...Do you wanna talk about it in my room?"Craig offered and Jason nodded to the option, Craig walked Jason to his room to talk in private.

They both sat at Craig's desk in his room with the door shut. "Spit it out"Craig sighed. Jason told Craig everything that happened even when he spent a whole 15 minutes in the men's bathroom sulking. Jason put his head down on Craig's desk after talking about his day. Craig blinked not knowing what to say, he knew Jason's dad wasn't a good father but he didn't think he was that bad. Him looking Jason in the eye made him think there was more he wasn't telling Craig, and that was correct sadly. The thoughts Jason hated.

"Jason, are you okay? I have a feeling you're not telling me something..."Craig sighed to which Jason flinched and lowered his head. Craig saw how Jason flinched and he started to panic, 'Did I make him uncomfortable?!'Craig gulped and he rested his cheek in his palm looking the opposite direction. He didn't wanna hurt Jason cause he knew his dad and step mom hurt him enough and he didn't wanna add onto that.

Jason couldn't bring himself to say it out loud, he knew what he wanted to say but he couldn't. He didn't know if he just didn't feel ready to speak or if he couldn't find the words when he thought he did. So, he took a pen and sticky note and wrote down what he wasn't telling Craig. At first he wondered if he could tell Craig, if he was going to tell everyone but he brushed it off and wrote it down. After he wrote it down he passed it to Craig and put his head back now.

Craig saw the note passed to him and read it. 'Sometimes I wish I could disappear, forever'.

Craig's eyes with wide in shock and turned to Jason who was facing the opposite direction. "Jason, is that true?"Craig asked and Jason nodded, "I can't go a day without making at least one person upset and I'm just the trophy child...My dad wouldn't be sad cause I'm gone he'll be sad he doesn't have a prize to make him look good, I knew that if I tell my dad or step mom they'll say I'm a burden to them...Who know's I'm probably bothering you-".