Getting to Know You

For the next couple of months I secretly went to Konoha , using the shop permit as a passport through the gates and met up with Tenten.  As I climbed the steps I spotted Tenten sitting on the bench watching the view , the sun was setting and a slight breeze passed her moving her brown bangs gently . She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly

◇---TENTEN POV---◇

My heart is racing , I can't calm it down . The more I think about my situation the more my hands tremble , for months on end I've been meeting up with Indra , I stupidly admitted to being his stalker the first day he returned . How foolish I was to blurt that out but it didn't seem to bother him much . When ever Indra smiles , or when his onyx eyes lock onto mine I just get chills of excitement , when he talks his voice is so smooth and comforting . Even with his hair so long he looks so handsome , I took a deep breath to calm my mind . I'm falling for Indra more and more every time we meet . How am I going to build the courage to confess to him?!

I looked at my hands and held them close , my face heating up with my thoughts , imagining his soft lips when he talks , imagining his alluring eyes

" are you okay ?" His voice suddenly speaks right beside my ear

"Ahhh!" I scream in surprise jumping up from the bench

♤-----INDRA POV-----♤

"Ahhh!" Tenten suddenly screamed jumping up from the bench , I looked at her questionable . Her face went red as she sheepishly laughed " oh its nothing ..."

I shook my head at her odd behavior and looked at the sunset " I didn't realise how late it is " Tenten only watched me which made me curious " why are you watching me like that ? Did I say something odd?" Tenten blushed again " no...you didn't. .." she took a deep breath " Indra ...I ...how long do you plan to do this ?" She questioned.

"Plan to come here?" I asked , Tenten nodded . How long do I plan to do this ? Sasuke will be killing Orochimaru tomorrow ...today is the last day I will be visiting for a while ...that's why I made sure to come even if it's late because this is the last...

"Well ..."

"Tenten !" Two people called out as the walked to us , Tenten gasped " Papa ? Mama ? What are you doing here?"

" we decided to have a date up here for lunch "Her father smirked " who would have thought we'd run into you and your boyfriend "

" " Boyfriend?? " "

Her mother chuckled " don't be so shy , why don't you invite him over for dinner ?"

"He's not my boyfriend! " tenten defended with to much urgency that her parents exchanged knowing glances . Her father looked to me " please join us for dinner " he then used his hands for air quotation "not Tenten's boyfriend " I laughed at his use of the quotation marks " I'd love to "

We arrived at Tenten's home as we sat at the dinner table , Tenten's father sat forward eyeing me curiously " So what's your name ? I can't exactly call you 'not Tenten's boyfriend' all the time ?"

"His name is Indra " Tenten hissed obviously irratated at her father's jokingly mood , she then realised that she revealed my identity and gasped covering her mouth . Her father smiled " Indra huh ? What a strong name , we're you in Tenten's class in the academy?"

I nodded " yes I was " . Tenten's mother dished up as her father told us stories especially Tenten's childhood "...then she came home one day and announced 'I will be as great as Lady Tsunade !" He smiled sadly " but then she couldn't learn the healing jutsu's ...so she mastered weaponry "

Her mother sighed " even though she came home brusied every day ...I worried about her so much " her father then smiled " but look how great our Tenten turned out !"

Tenten sighed and covered her face " oh please stop this torture...."

Tenten's mother looked to me " what are your parents like ?" Tenten raised her head and looked at me sadly . I could tell that she was worried about this subject but I smiled at her to reassure her " they have both passed..." Tenten's parents face's fell but I continued " they passed when I was young but I can still remember them like it was yesterday . My mother was a very kind woman and always open minded , she would always encourage my brothers and me when we felt down or lost . My father was a very stern man who hardly smiled , training and respect were the two main focuses in his mind but I could tell he cared deeply , for me and my brothers "

"And your brothers ?" Tenten's mom asked softly with caution. " my elder brother went off on his own with his friends , they travel a lot and my other brother I live with him now , he always has his mind set on finding our older brother ....it's a odd cycle of search and travel " wow I just twisted my words into some kind of fun game , if only it was like this but it's a lot more agressive then what I make it sound ...

The dinner ended and I walked with Tenten out , we walked to the gate as I looked to her " your parents are fun , do you plan to be a ninja forever ?"

" maybe , I do have a dream of opening up a weapon shop when I'm older , maybe I'll quit doing missions and open a store ....what about your future plans ?" Tenten asked

"Mine ? Mm never thought about it . I suppose I could continue missions , have a family and such "

" a family ? " Tenten asked

" yes , but of course I wouldn't expect my future wife to just sit and wait around , after all we Uchiha are attracted to strong woman " I laughed .

" strong woman huh?" Tenten whispered to herself .

We reached the gate , I turned to her " listen . Sasuke and I are going to be traveling for a while so I won't be able to come around anymore. .."

Tenten's face fell , her eyes underneath her bangs and her voice quiet " oh...I understand "

" Tenten ?"

She looked up at me , I couldn't just leave like this . She looks so disappointed,  I have to do something to cheer her up . " bye..." I whispered and summoned up all my courage , I pulled Tenten close and kissed her . Her lips were so soft and she practically melted in my arms , I had to hold her waist to keep her upright . I broke the kiss to see a very red face with wide eyes , I smiled at her expression and let her go , I then quickly left before she could say a word .

 I broke the kiss to see a very red face with wide eyes , I smiled at her expression and let her go , I then quickly left before she could say a word

Tenten's parents , this is a work of fan art , there has been no official appearance of her parents in the Anime .