The L/N's

Y/N's POV

I awoke to the sound of clattering around my house as I turned over and groaned at the noise. I looked at my calendar on my wall to see today's date had a big red circle around it. I looked at it for a few seconds before my eyes went wide as it clicked in my head at what today was.

"Oh no September the 10th Jasmine's birthday. Oh how could I forget."

I quickly jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom to shower and change out of my Pyjamas and into my clothes. When I was back in my room I looked for the present I got her. I found it in my cupboard and grabbed it and placed it on my desk before looking around my room. I was actually adopted by the L/N's. According to the orphanage I was left on the doorstep and a few days later the L/N's adopted me. They had only had Jasmine for a few days after she was born but wanted a baby boy so that they could have a boy and a girl. Although I was not blood related to my parents whose names were Ruben and Veronica and sister they never treated me any differently. I looked at my reflection and opened my door before I turned around having forgotten my sister's present. I held out my hand and took a step towards it before it flew into my hand. I looked at the present in my hand shocked did that actually just happen or was I asleep still and dreaming?. I pinched myself and it hurt so I was definitely awake. I placed the present back on the table and tried again but it stayed where it was. I was confused but I decided to push it to the back of my mind. I made my way downstairs and placed my present next to the ones that mum and dad had got Jasmine.

"Well morning sleepy head." Mum said with a smile as she placed an orange juice down in front of me and kissed the top of my head.

"Morning mum." I replied with a smile.

"Morning Y/N." Dad said as he ruffled my hair.

"Dad." I grumbled. "You know I don't like that first thing in the morning."

"I know. But its just a bit of fun." Dad said with a smile.

A moment later we heard footsteps coming down the stairs as Jasmine walked in. My sister had long blonde hair and blue eyes just like mum. Dad had short brown hair and grey eyes while I had black hair and grey eyes.

"Morning Jasmine Happy birthday." Mum said with a squeal as she hugged her.

"Thanks mum." Jasmine said with a smile as Dad hugged her.

"Happy Birthday sis." I said as I gave her a hug.

"Thanks Y/N." Jasmine said as she took a seat.

With today being a Saturday we had planned to go out to the zoo for the afternoon. Mum had gone all out for breakfast and had everything of which you could think. Jasmine helped herself to some Chocolate croissant which were her favourite. I thought back to this morning in my room when Jasmine nudge me.

"Hey Y/N can I speak with you privately."

"Sure."

As mum and dad talked about going to the zoo later, Jasmine led me into the sitting room.

"Okay I really need to talk to someone about this I might seem crazy but please listen."

"Sure go ahead Jaz."

"You remember a few weeks ago when we were running late for school?"

"Yeah when dad could not find his keys and then you found them what about it?"

"Well I didn't exactly find them."

"What do you mean you didn't find them Jaz? that makes no sense or you would not have had them to give to dad."