Dark skies and new learning

Y/N's POV

The next morning as I awoke with Hermione's head still on my chest I thought back on what had happened the night previously with Black breaking into the castle and that raven that seemed to have followed me. As other students awoke for breakfast I looked over to see Harry and Ron awake as Jasmine stirred from her sleep as well.

"Morning mate." They said softly at seeing Hermione asleep still.

"Morning Y/N." Jasmine said as she sat up with a smile seeing Hermione wrapped up in my arms.

"Morning guys save us both a seat will you? I'm going to wake 'Mione up slowly."

The others nodded as they headed for a table that had been set up for breakfast. I looked down with a smile as I slowly started to brush some hair out of Hermione's eyes.

"'Mione we have to get up now."

I felt her hug me tighter as she grumbled and she seemed reluctant to wake up.

"'Mione." I said again softly.

"Five more minutes love." She mumbled as my eyes widened in shock at hearing what she had said.

As though she had suddenly realised what she had said Hermione awoke with a jump and was blushing a furious red.

"Well morning to you too." I said with a smile.

"M-m-morning." She stuttered. "Um Y/N I um...."

"It's alright 'Mione I won't say anything."

She smiled as we both got up and walked hand in hand to the table and helped ourselves to some breakfast before the other houses joined us and the hall burst into chatter about how Sirius Black had managed to get into the castle. Whilst we were discussing the many possible theories people had brought up we heard a cry and looked up.

"Aleria?" Hermione asked as many people gasped and excitement broke out at seeing her as she landed in front of me.

"She has a letter." I said taking it from her and opening it to read. "Dumbledore wants to see me."

"Why would he want to see you so early?" Ron asked waving a bit of bacon in front of him.

"No idea." I said.

Aleria was following the piece of bacon that Ron was waving back and forth before she snatched it from Ron's fork and started eating it.

"Hey that's my bacon!" Ron exclaimed as laughter broke out at seeing what Aleria had done.

"You're a clever girl aren't you Aleria?" Jasmine asked as she stroked Aleria who chirped.

"Oh yeah real clever taking my bacon." Ron said with sarcasm.

"Well if you weren't waving it about she would not have taken it from you Ronald." Jasmine said.

"That's true Ron." Harry said.

"Whose side are you on?" Ron asked shocked that Harry had taken Jasmine's side over his.

"Jasmine's." Harry said. "She's an eagle Ron you wave food about in front of her it's like she is hunting for prey."

"Anyway I have to go Dumbledore's waiting." I said standing up and making my way out of the hall.

As I exited the hall I felt a hand in mine and turned to see Hermione.

"What's wrong kitten?" I asked.

"Nothing I just wanted to say sorry for earlier I don't know why I said what I said."

"Hey it's alright 'Mione." I said softly. "You have nothing to be sorry for okay?"

"Okay tell me what happens with Dumbledore?"