The Duelling club and Polyjuice Potion

Y/N's POV

Harry and I had been released from the hospital wing the next morning and after meeting up with the others we told them what Dobby had told us the night before.

"Again?" Hermione asked. "You mean the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?"

"Of course." Ron said, "Don't you see? Lucius Malfoy must have opened it when he was a t school here. And now he has taught Draco how to do it."

"Maybe." Jasmine said. "But we can't jump to conclusions we need to finish the Polyjuice Potion first so we can be sure."

"Enlighten me." Ron said. "Why are we brewing this potion in broad daylight in the middle of the girls bathroom? We could get caught."

Hermione scoffed as did Jasmine.

"No one ever comes in here." Hermione said.

"Why?" Ron asked.

"Because of Moaning Myrtle." Jasmine replied.

"Who's Moaning Myrtle?" Ron asked as I saw a ghost appear behind him.

"I'm Moaning Myrtle!" A high pitch shrill voice said from behind Ron causing him to jump a little.

The ghost flew above us and we looked up at her as she seemed to have eyes that lingered on Harry and I could see that Jasmine was getting annoyed.

"I don't expect you to know me! Besides who would talk about Ugly, miserable, moping Moaning Myrtle?" She asked as she floated and hovered between two sinks before shrieking and disappearing down one of the toilets.

"She's a bit sensitive." Hermione said.

"No kidding." I replied.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next night the five of us headed down to the great hall to join the Duelling club that Seamus had told us about. Jasmine and I already knew a good amount of spells from our study sessions in the library together but with the threat of the Chamber of Secrets being open it could never hurt to know more.

"Who do you think will be teaching us?" Hermione asked.

"Maybe Professor Flitwick." I said. "I read he was a duelling champion so that would make sense."

"And a good one from what I read." Jasmine added.

"Hopefully it is Flitwick." Harry said as Ron nodded in agreement. "I don't know who would be more qualified."

"Yeah as long as it's not--" Ron said before he was interrupted by a voice that made me hang my head and sigh.

"Of course it would be." I groaned.

"Gather round!, Gather round!." Lockhart's voice called out. "Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent."

"Unfortunately we all can on both accounts." I said to laughter from Hermione, Jasmine, Harry, and Ron.

"In light of recent dark events, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little duelling club to train you up in case you ever need to defend yourselves, as I have done on countless occasions. For full details, see my published works."

Great the last thing I needed was a moron trying to teach me something. I could actually probably learn more from a flobberworm.

"Let me introduce my assistant Professor Snape." Lockhart continued.

I grinned as I saw Snape step up onto the duelling stage that was set up in the middle of the hall as he had a look of not wanting to be here especially under Lockhart's instructions. Lockhart was really going to get it now. Although I did not like Snape I had to admit that seeing Lockhart get knocked on his arse by him would be highly entertaining.