Gryffindor Vs Slytherin

Y/N's POV

The next morning rolled around and we were all sat at the Gryffindor table. Today was Harry's first ever quidditch game and we could all tell he was nervous as he had not touched any food.

"Here, take a bit of toast mate." Ron said as he stuffed more food into his mouth. "Go on."

Harry still did not touch any food and just twirled his fork around in his hand.

"Ron's right Harry." Hermione said who was sitting to my left. "You're going to need your strength for today."

"You'll need your strength to beat Slytherin. I need you to win so I can see that stupid smirk wiped off that stupid ferrets face." I said.

"I'm not hungry." Harry said looking at the empty plate in front of him.

"Good luck today Potter." Snape said as he crept up behind him, which startled him slightly. "Then again now that you have proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy for you even if it is against........Slytherin."

We watched as Snape walked away with a limp towards the teachers table and I became curious as to why he was.

"That explains the blood." Harry said. I must have missed it with being distracted at what I had done to the troll.

"Blood?" Hermione asked.

"Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that three headed dog." Harry said. "But he got himself that's why he is limping."

"But why would anyone want to go near that thing?" Hermione asked again.

"Maybe it's because as you said Hermione it's guarding something but as to what it is I can't say." I said looking at Harry.

"The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults." Harry continued. "He said it was Hogwarts business very secret."

"So your saying......" Jasmine began before being interrupted.

"That's what the dog's guarding."

We looked at one another with curiosity on our faces before a loud screech drew out attention. We looked up to see Hedwig heading for us before she dropped a package off that Harry caught.

"Bit early for mail isn't it?" Hermione asked. It was true though no one else had received anything and there was no sign of any other owls.

"But I-I never get any mail." Harry said.

I felt a bit bad for Harry as he had told us about his home life, it sounded like hell. His aunt and uncle made him cook their food, whilst giving him next to no food himself. There son Dudley would torment him and they would spoil Dudley, they did not even celebrate Harry's birthday which was upsetting to imagine.

"Let's open it." Ron said. We all stood up and started ripping the brown paper wrapped around the object before we were greeted by a pleasant surprise. A broomstick.

 A broomstick