Egg rescue and The Yule ball

Y/N's POV

After discussing how we were going to retrieve the Dragon Egg, Hermione and I headed to Dumbledore's office the next morning. Jasmine had not talked to Harry since the hall and I understood why but I had told her that she could still go with him but once again she said no. As we reached Dumbledore's office I turned to Hermione.

"Last chance if you don't want to come babe."

"No I'm coming along."

I smiled as I looked at the Gargoyle and said the password.

"Acid pops."

The Gargoyle moved aside as we climbed the staircase and knocked on Dumbledore's door.

"Enter." I heard him say.

Hermione and I entered to see Dumbledore, Grandma and Severus talking before stopping and looking at me.

"Ah Y/N, Miss Granger to what do I owe the pleasure?" He asked with a kind smile.

"Professor there is something we need to discuss." I said as I noticed Merlin in his portrait.

I looked up at Merlin as I took the scale out of my pocket and showed it to him as it glowed.

"It seems the time has come."

I had told Merlin what had happened in the arena with Dalinda and he told me to prepare to travel soon as he had also talked to Dumbledore and Grandma about what I found out.

"Very well Miss Granger would you please leave us." Dumbledore asked

"Actually Professor I am going with Y/N." Hermione said.

"Miss Granger I highly advise against it." Grandma said.

"Trust me Grandma I have had this conversation and there is no changing her mind."

"But we cannot guarantee your safety Miss Granger." Grandma said in a concerned tone.

"She will be fine with Y/N." Merlin said smiling at us both.

"Very well. Severus ensure we are not disturbed." Dumbledore said as Severus nodded and left the office.

"Minerva please make sure that the other Professors are aware that Y/N and Hermione will not be attending there classes today due to personal reasons."

Grandma nodded as she gave me a quick hug before leaving. We stood ready to leave before the door to the office opened violently and Jasmine appeared.

"Wait I'm coming as well."

"Uh why?" I asked.

"Because one I am interested in seeing this dragon egg and two I am not letting you run off and potentially get yourself killed." Jasmine said.

I looked at Dumbledore who seemed to be chuckling.

"Very well now Merlin I shall give you the room." Dumbledore said as he stood up to leave before shooting us a smile and closing the door behind him.

"Y/N you have the scale ready?" Merlin asked as I nodded taking it from my pocket.

"Good now place it on the desk and concentrate on the energy you sense from it."

I closed my eyes and took deep breaths until I sensed the energy coming from the scale.

"I can feel it."

"Okay now open a portal it wont be at the entrance I am afraid as Dalinda had quite the hiding place but be careful If McKenna found her she could still be there."