Troll on Halloween

Y/N's POV

It had now been a month since we had started at Hogwarts and today was October the 31st Halloween. I had never really enjoyed Halloween because I never had friends to go trick or treating with, Jasmine did always try to invite me with her friends but I always felt I would impose so I turned her down and would spend Halloween reading. I sat in the Common room reading up on a spell book that I had borrowed from the library and turned the page as I heard footsteps come down the stairs to see Harry ready to meet wood for his first introduction to quidditch.

"Hey Y/N want to come along could be interesting to learn about it."

"Sure I mean why not only so much I can learn from a book right?" I asked having read Quidditch through the ages as Harry nodded.

We headed down towards the training ground and as we arrived we could see wood brining out a trunk with him.

"Hello Harry!" Wood called out. "Oh who's this you've brought along with you?"

"This Is Y/N L/N, he is in Gryffindor like us he wanted to see what Quidditch was really about he's only read about it in books so far."

"Muggle-born?" Wood asked as I nodded. "Well always happy to introduce people to the great game of Quidditch."

I made my way to the bleachers to watch them. Wood began to explain to Harry about the seven players on each Quidditch team 3 chasers, two beaters or the Weasley twins in Gryffindors case, a keeper who was wood and a seeker which would be Harry himself. Wood then proceeded to pull out a red ball called the Quaffle, which the chaser paid attention to and tried to score by putting it through the three hoops at each end. Wood would defend the three hoops from the opposing chasers. He then pulled out a bat and handed it to Harry, who was staring at it in confusion.

"Hey L/N come down here no better way of learning than participating!" Wood shouted as I made my way down to the ground. I watched as wood made his way back to the trunk and unlocked another ball that was growling and struggling to be released which then flew off into the air.

"Careful now you two it's coming back." Wood warned us as the ball started to return, I pulled the bat back as far as I could and gave it a good whack sending it through a pair of swords the statue was holding.

"Not bad L/N you'd make a decent beater and you've never played Quidditch before?" he asked as I shook my head. "Interesting you seem a natural."

"Uh oh." Wood said as the ball came flying back towards us.

Wood caught it and wrestled with it to get it into the trunk before strapping it down but not without an effort.

"What was that thing?" Harry asked.

"Bludger, nasty little bugger." Wood replied. "But you are a seeker, and the only thing I want you to worry about is this..."

Wood pulled out a gold ball that was smaller than both the Quaffle and the bludgers it was about the size of a walnut.

"The Golden snitch!" Wood said as he showed it off to us.

"I like this ball!" Harry proclaimed.

"Ah you like it now. Just wait." Wood said. "It's wicked fast and damn near impossible to see."

"What do I do with it?" Harry asked.

"You catch it." Wood said. "You catch this Potter and we win."

"If I remember correctly from the book I read it's worth One hundred and fifty points and the game is not over until the snitch is caught."

"Yep your right L/N, maybe you should try out next year?"

The snitch then decided to fly off as Harry went to catch it while I headed back to the Common room to get ready for charms.