The Patronus

Hermione's POV

The next morning when I awoke I looked around confused. Y/N was not here, I looked around trying to find him before I heard footsteps and Jasmine came down from the dorm.

"Morning Hermione." She said. "How's my future sister-in-law?"

I blushed as she said that remembering back to our conversation the other day after Y/N and I had almost kissed again.

"I-I'm fine thanks Jasmine." I said as Hazel awoke and stretched on my lap. "Morning Hazel."

Hazel looked up at me and rubbed her face against mine softly purring away as she did before jumping off my lap and going for a stroll.

"Jasmine you have not seen your brother have you?"

"No the last time I saw him he was with you."

I looked down trying to think where he would have gone before a tapping was heard on the window and I looked up to see Aleria tapping her beak against the glass.

"Aleria?" Jasmine asked as she opened the window and Aleria flew in and landed in front of me and dropped the letter into my lap before chirping at me.

"Hey Aleria did Y/N send you?" I asked her as she chirped once more and rubbed her head against me before I opened the letter to see it was blank.

"Why would Y/N send you a blank letter?" Jasmine asked.

I looked at it for a moment before I remembered the Quill that Y/N had given me. I jumped up from the sofa and ran to the dorm before coming back down with the Quill.

 I jumped up from the sofa and ran to the dorm before coming back down with the Quill

"That's a beautiful looking Quill Hermione where did you get it?" Jasmine asked.

"Your brother gave it to me." I said with a smile as I touched the paper with the Quill writing suddenly started to appear on it.

"Something like this happened with Riddles diary last year." Jasmine said intrigued as she looked at the letter. "But I doubt this is as dangerous."

I looked down to read the letter that Y/N had sent.

"Dear Hermione,

I'm down in my room doing some training with Merlin, I'm sorry I didn't wake you but you looked so peaceful asleep and I did not want to disturb you. I have made a copy of my necklace so that you can come and see me if you wish too. If not I will see you later.

Love Y/N"

I looked at Aleria who held out her leg to me and I could see the copy of Y/N's dragon necklace on it. I took it off her and wore it before I looked at Jasmine.

"Go and see him Hermione I'll see you both later in the library." Jasmine said to me with a smile as before making my way down to Y/N's room.

As I reached the door to his room I heard a loud explosion and panic set in. I rushed through the door to see Y/N on his back slowly getting up.