The Forbidden Forest

Harry's POV

Malfoy had seen Norbert this was really not good news. We left Hagrid's hut quickly and we were astonished that Malfoy had managed to sneak past Filch as he did not own an invisibility cloak so how did he get out this late?

"Hagrid's always wanted a dragon." I told the others as we entered a corridor. "He told me the first time I met him."

"It's crazy." Ron said. "And what's worse is that Malfoy knows."

"I don't understand is that bad?" Hermione asked.

"It's bad." Ron said fearfully

"Good evening." A voice said as we turned to see Professor McGonagall who had a stern look in her eyes as Malfoy stood behind her grinning widely.

"You scummy little piece of....." Y/N began before Hermione stopped him as she glared daggers at Malfoy who simply rolled his eyes at her.

McGonagall then led us to the Transfiguration classroom before she began to speak to us.

"Nothing, I repeat, nothing gives a student the right to walk the school at night." McGonagall said in a stern voice as she looked at us. "Therefore as punishment for your actions, 50 points will be taken from you."

"50?" I shouted.

"Each." She said as we all gasped except for Malfoy who looked smug. "And to ensure it does not happen again all six of you shall receive detention."

Malfoy's smirk quickly disappeared to be replaced with a face of confusion.

"Excuse me Professor." Malfoy said with politeness which would probably be the first and last time we heard him speak like this. "Perhaps I heard you wrong I thought you said... 'the six of us.'"

"No you heard me correct Mr. Malfoy." McGonagall responded. "You see, as honourable as your intentions were you too were out of bed after hours. You will join your classmates for detention."

Malfoy looked horrified as we all grinned at him except for Y/N he was smirking at Malfoy just as he had done a moment ago at us.

"Now all of you off to bed." McGonagall said. "Except you Mr. L/N."

Ron, Hermione, Jasmine, and I turned around as Y/N stayed where he was. Hermione gave Y/N a hug as did his sister before the four of us made our way back to the common room. As we walked back to the common room I decided to ask the question on my mind.

"Why do you think McGonagall wanted Y/N to stay?"

"I have no idea." Jasmine said as we approached the fat lady and said the password to enter the common room.

Hermione and Jasmine both sat on chairs by the fireplace and said that they would wait for Y/N to come back from McGonagall's classroom as they were curious as to what she had to say to him. Ron and I headed up to the dorm to think about what had just happened. Hopefully, no one was going to question how Gryffindor had lost 250 points in a night.

Y/N's POV

After the others had left I watched as Professor McGonagall sat behind her desk and looked at me.

"Please Y/N have a seat." I looked at her stunned she had never addressed me by my first name before.

I sat down and looked across from her as McGonagall seemed to be gathering her thoughts.

"You remind me of your parents so much Y/N." McGonagall said as I looked at her confusingly.

"But Professor you have never met my parents." I replied still confused.