Graduation from Hogwarts

Y/N's POV

After Christmas time flew. Jade had shown huge improvement in her use of wandless magic and understanding of ancient magic. One night we sat in the common room with Hermione and Jasmine, and she closed one of the books she had been studying with a sigh.

"Jade what's wrong?" Hermione asked as she looked up from her book.

"It's just the three of you are graduating soon." Jade said sadly. "When you three leave I won't have anymore friends or people I consider like family."

The last part of her sentence caught us all off guard.

"What do you mean like family?" Jasmine asked.

"I don't know it's just like....."

I looked at Hermione and could see the look on her face letting me know that she felt the same.

"Jade." Hermione said to her softly as I took the book from her hands. "We will always be here for you okay? Even though we can't physically be at Hogwarts with you everyday you can always count on Y/N and I to be here for you okay?"

Jade nodded although we could see the sadness in her eyes.

"Hey, Jade, how about we come and see you over the summer holiday's hmmm?" I asked. "Hermione and I are moving into our home together then maybe you can come around for dinner."

"Uhm I guess."

"We will need to know the place of the orphanage so we can come and see you." Hermione said with a smile.

Jade looked at us wide eyed and looked down and away from us which made us all sigh. It happened every time we brought up the orphanage and we were all worried about it.

"Look Jade if there is a problem I would rather know now." I said.

"No, it's okay Y/N I'll give you the address on the train." She said.

We changed the subjects to other things and even discussed our N.E.W.T'S which were soon upon us. We had been studying every free second we had and felt prepared although sometimes Hermione and I would be up late because of her nerves for the exams.

Soon the day of the exam's were upon and as we stood at the entrance to the hall Jade was smiling at us.

"I don't know why you three are so nervous you are the smartest people I know."

"Thank you Jade now you best get to Herbology." Jasmine said.

We walked into the hall and took our seats as the examiner explained about the rules and soon enough the exams began. A few hours later we were finished for the day, and I smiled as I placed the quill down. I looked over at Jasmine who smiled and nodded at me before looking at Hermione who looked concerned. As we left the hall Hermione was muttering.

"Honey?" I asked her as she looked at me. "You are fretting again love."

"I know I can't help it what if I buggered it all up I mean...."

"Babe stop." I said taking her hands in mine. "You will do fine in fact I am sure that you would do better than fine it would not surprise me if you got O's in everything. I believe in you."

Hermione took a deep breath before looking at me with a smile.

"How did I get so lucky?" She asked.

"I think Y/N should be asking that question." Jasmine said with a smirk.

"You are not wrong sis." I responded with a smile.

A few days later and we had finished our N.E.W.T's and we walked across the grounds as soon we would graduate from Hogwarts. We sat by the lake looking out towards the boat house with smiles as we listened to the ripple of the water before hearing footsteps behind us. We turned to see Jade take a seat next to Hermione and look out over the lake with us.