New classes and Potions Master

Y/N'S POV

I awoke the next morning to Hazel pushing my face with her paw. I looked over to her as she let out a soft meow. I turned to look at my clock to see it was only 6.30 in the morning.

"Hazel why did you have to wake me up so early?" I grumbled as I stroked her getting a purr out of her.

I got up and stretched as I put together my robes and grabbed my transfiguration textbook as our first class was with Professor McGonagall toady. I made my way down to the common room after giving Hazel some food and sat in one of the armchairs and began to read my textbook. I had no idea how long I was in the common room by myself until I heard someone call my name.

"Y/N?"

I turned around to see Hermione who was fixing her hair.

"Good morning Hermione." I said with a smile.

"What are you doing up so early this morning?" she asked

"Hazel decided she wanted an early breakfast." I replied. "So I decided to read up on transfiguration considering its our first class today. I can't wait for classes to start today it's going to be so exciting to see and learn from every lesson today."

"Oh I agree." Hermione said. "I can't wait either. Do you mind if I read with you only my book is upstairs and I don't want to wake anyone else up looking for it."

"Uh yeah sure I don't mind." I said with a small blush on my face as Hermione sat next to me.

We continued to read the textbook before Hazel joined us and jumped onto Hermione's lap. Hermione smiled as she stroked Hazel which caused her to purr. Before long we were joined by Jasmine who caught sight of us together and made her way over to us with a smile.

"Morning guys what you up to?" She asked with a grin.

"Morning Jasmine just reading the transfiguration textbook for class later." Hermione replied.

"Oh is that all you two were doing?" She asked teasingly as Hermione blushed.

"S-s-shove of Jasmine!" I shouted which caused her to laugh.

"Hey, I meant to ask you Hermione when is your birthday?" I said to her.

"I was born September the 19th 1979. Why?"

"I think it's important to know my friend's birthday." I replied.

"Well what about the two of you?" Hermione asked. "When are your birthdays?"

"Mine is September the 10th." Jasmine said.

"And mine is September the 15th." I said with a smile.

"So your both older than me by 9 and 4 days, respectively." Hermione said in surprise.

"If my math is right and it usually is then yes." I said with a chuckle as Jasmine slapped me on the back of the head.

"Ow Jasmine, what was that for?" I grumbled rubbing the back of my head. "You're worse than mum!"

"Stop being a smart arse." She said as Hermione laughed.

"Hey Hermione, is it alright if we meet you at breakfast? I just want to talk to Jasmine about something quick."

"Sure I will save you two a seat." She replied with a smile as she left with Hazel on her shoulder.

"So what did you want to talk about?" Jasmine asked with curiosity.

"Well I think I may be going mad but hear me out." I said. "Remember when Professor Dumbledore came to give you your letter?"

"Yes what about it?"