The Third Task

Harry's POV

Easter had come around and the six of us where sitting in the common room eating the chocolate eggs that Mrs. Weasley had sent us. Y/N had been training like mad for the last few months since we returned from Hogsmeade and we could all tell that his magical abilities had jumped significantly because of it. Jasmine and Hermione had also been getting training from Merlin and I was impressed with what I saw. Ron had sent a letter off to Percy about Crouch and had received a reply which we were all curious about.

Ron started to read the letter aloud.

"As I am constantly telling the Daily Prophet, Mr. Crouch is taking a well-earned break. He is sending in regular owls with instructions. I have not seen him, but I think I can be trusted to know my own superior's handwriting. I have enough to do at the moment without trying to addresses these ridiculous rumours. Please don't bother me again unless it is important. Happy easter."

"Bother him again?" Y/N asked. "I'll do a lot worse than that."

"He wont mind you sending him something your Merlin's descendant and you know what Percy is like power hungry and you being you well." Ron said.

"So what do you think the third task will be?" Lavender asked.

"No clue." I replied.

"It's going to have to be something spectacular though to compare with the first and second task and with it being the last." Ron added.

"I still don't like this." Jasmine said as I looked at the worry on her face. "Someone want's Harry in this tournament and it unsettles me."

"Your not the only one Jasmine." Hermione said as she clung onto Y/N's arm. "McKenna has to have something to do with Y/N's name being in the goblet because if he didn't compete she would get her wish."

We looked at one another concerned before the door to the Common room opened and McGonagall walked in and made her way over to us.

"Potter Y/N." She said. ""You are to go down to the Quidditch field tonight at nine o'clock. Mr Bagman will be there to tell you about the third task."

"Okay Professor thank you we will."

McGonagall motioned for Y/N to follow her out of the common room and he followed as we looked at each other.

"What do you reckon she wants to talk to him about?" Ron asked.

"Probably about keeping safe and things like that, you know with her being his godmother." Jasmine replied.

Y/N came back a moment later and sat down again as we looked at him.

"Just the usual stuff be careful and also Dumbledore said to see him afterwards."

As it got closer to nine o'clock that night Y/N and I left the common room and headed for the pitch. We continued walking towards the pitch when we were joined by Cedric.

"Hey guys what do you reckon it could be?" He asked.

"I have no clue any ideas Y/N?" I asked.

"I have one I mean if they are using the Quidditch pitch it must be something vast to use up the entire pitch."

We continued to trade ideas on what It could be before we reached the pitch to see huge hedges sprouting off in every direction.

"What's happened to the pitch?" Cedric asked.

"I thought so it's a maze of some description." Y/N said. "Maybe we have to find our way through the maze towards the cup in the middle of it."

"Makes sense." Cedric said.