Bad Blood

As Clary and Jace connected, Izzy interrupted them, "There's nothing a Shadowhunter can't do in heels", Izzy said taking the cup and Jace saw Alec staring at the screen.

"Alec, what are you doing?", he asked all through walking towards the older Lightwood brother and Izzy gave Clary the cup back.

"You can stare at this monitor all you want, they need angel blood to get past the wards. You know that", Jace said and Alec rolled his eyes.

"No Downworlder can come into the Institute", he continued, "Not without an invite by a Shadowhunter", Izzy said and Alec turned to look at them.

"Last I checked, Valentine is a Shadowhunter. The Cup is not safe here. We have to give it back to the Clave", he said.

"Give it back to the Clave? No. Not after everything we went through to get it", Clary said and Alec went to respond before he was interrupted.

"My brother is right. The Cup is extremely important", Izzy said and Alec looked surprised, "Are you agreeing with me?", he asked with a smile on his face.

Izzy shrugged, "I'm full of surprises", she said and Jace convinced him to keep the cup and they agreed when Izzy screamed holding her arm.

Alec rushed to her and held her as she slipped to the floor, "Iz hey hey", Alec called to make sure she wasn't slipping into unconsciousness.

"Alec... it hurts...", she said grimacing and Alec looked at her arm to see it turning white, No, he thought, "Hey Iz it's going to be ok I promise", Alec said holding her as she cried into his shoulder.

"Si...", Clary collapsed into Jace's arm and Alec had tears in his eyes when the alarms blared, "Izzy, Clary stay here", Jace said and the boys got up, but the girls insisted on coming.

They went out to see Raphael holding Simon, "Raphael?", Alec asked and they took him to the basement on Raphael's request.

Alec decided to tell the institute it was nothing after checking on Izzy who was looking at Simon's face solemnly.

She was angry, "The vampires breached the accords", she said and Raphael explained how it was only Camille's fault.

Jace started talking but Izzy didn't hear anything except the fact that her soulmate was dead even before she had the chance to know him.

That's when Raphael proposed a preposition, "He's a fledgling. It's a state of transition. Your friend can be resurrected", he said.

"No", Jace said, "Clary, no", Izzy even though it hurt her to say it, "So I could have Simon back? Alive and breathing?", Clary asked and a tear dropped from Izzy's eyes.

"That's just it. He won't return alive or breathing. He'll be a vampire", she said her voice shaking, "And not the sexed up, romantic kind. The ugly, bloodsucking, coffin-dwelling kind", Jace said and Izzy glared at him.

Alec called Magnus and told about the situation, "There are only two ways, he must be turned or staked through the heart, I can't cure this", Magnus said and Alec sighed.

"Thanks Magnus, I think today will be a long night", Alec said and Magnus understood him, Alec was checking the monitors for anything else when Izzy walked in, her eyes red.

"Izzy", Alec called and she hugged him crying, "Hey it's ok, we will find a way", Alec said softly and Maryse called them to talk.

They both went into the office after Izzy calming down, "There are rumors that local Shadowhunters have been interfering in Downworld affairs. But you two wouldn't know anything about that, right?", Maryse asked.