17.ball

Draco makes it not easier to keep away from him. Deep down Sage knew she could not avoid him forever. But he always, literally always, shows up. And he is supportive and loving and understanding by doing that.

He is everything anyone- everything she could ask for.

But she has been so brutal to him, partially with reason. She did think he was fucking around and she has a known coping mechanism for being hurt. Something to protect herself with. And Draco has hurt her, as much as she hates to admit it.

Or has she hurt herself by assuming the worst and not just walk up to them or ask him what that was about. She does have a tendency to overthink and in that moment she did exactly that.

She still does not believe him completely.

He has always had his way with women. It looked too real. How they came out of that room. How they looked at each other after. And no one knows what happened inside besides him and Daphne.

Why did they not chose somewhere else? There are tons of places where Sage and Draco have talked about some of the most trusted things no one should hear.

But then again, this is also about his best friend and at least to him is Draco loyal. He really woulnt do that do Blaise. And now that she thinks about it, they might have not looked all ruffled up because of sex, but because of a long school day.

Did she dramatise it to have a reason to push him away, because her mind and her soul are conflicted? She needed that final blow, which is why she may or may not have exacerbated the whole act.

It is all too confusing.

She will have to decide tonight at the ball how fucked up she really is. But before that she has a day packed with stuff to do. First it is greeting all the guests that arrive to stay a night.

Blaise's mother arrives first to catch up with Narcissa. She is always just as loving as Draco's mother and greets everyone with the same amount of joy and enthusiasm. Sage knows her from a very young age. Nalani has offered motherly support and advice upon realizing that Sage was pretty much left to her own. Especially when hitting puperty did Sage take up the offers. Sage would not be as confident as she is today if it weren't for Nalani and Narcissa, two beautiful and inspiring women.

Nott Senior was always reserved to Sage, unlike to her father. Nevertheless he is nothing less than polite and respectful simply because she is a Crowley descendent and the respect is more addressed to Cole, her father. Still, Sage takes what she can get.

A handshake and a tight lip smile as a greeting is afterall more than her father can give her.

The Parkinsons are like the middle ground of these two contrary. Not as fond as Mrs. Zabini but at the same time not too restrained. A nice little chat and a halfhug is what Sage got. She never felt too strongly towards Pansy's parents. Her father is only another low-rank Death Eater, keeping himself in the background looking pretty— not literally. Pansy got her posh style and behaviour instilled by her strict parents, mostly her mother. Would Pansy be even a smidge like her parents when they aren't around, Sage would most definetly not even bat an eye at her. Pansy can be so refined at times, it hurts to look at.

At all the functions, such as this christmas ball, these five would find each other and cause ruckus. Therefore, all four parents, all besides Sage's, appeared to scold their kids at the same time. It became humorous, an inside joke between these parents the longer it went on.

But for a few years now, the typical culprits don't rob the kitchen of everything edible or play catch around the room full of people and expensive stuff. They substituted it for sneaking off into a room they see fit and hide from all the socialising and networking forced upon them when the night got late enough. Drinking was sometimes involved, depending on how much they could let slip under the watchful eye of Narcissa Malfoy.