54.elves

The plans for both weddings are on full roll, updates given to the Maeve, Theo, Draco and Sage frequently.

Sage only remembers the important stuff. Most decisions she gives over to who has more knowledge, only saying something when she really doesnt like it.

What she cant let them decide is her wedding dress. Maeve and Sage have an appointment together at one of the finest designer. Nalani organised it and will join them along with Narcissa, Pansy and later on Maeve's parents.

Before that, they have all been invited to brunch at Zabini's because its the closest house to where they have to be in a little bit.

Sage is excited to dress up and envision what she could look like on their big day.

Until then they have a little over half an hour to be there and drink a last tea before heading off.

"Draco, we only have the manor for less than a week before it gets selled to someone else." Narcissa tells her son.

Draco remains as casual as before, this information being nothing new to him. "I'm surprised anyone wants to have that hellhole to be honest."

Narcissa only nods, continuing with what she wanted to tell him. "There are still things that need to get picked up. Baby clothes and toys from the attic. I was thinking tomorrow, get it just over and done with."

"Sure." He replies, his hand already holding the one of Sage under the table.

"What about your manor Sage?"

The livingroom in which her life changed for the worst? The carpet on which her sisters body lays dead?

"Dear?" Its a faint muffle, her eyes zoned out onto a random spot on the table.

Draco squeezing her hand brings her back, somewhat. "Hmm?"

"Your home growing up?"

"Nothing its- untouched for years." Her voice sounds croaky like all juice to keep her running went down the drain.

"Surely you have some things there that you would like to have right? We could go there too if you want."

Willows screaming ringing through her mind make her literally flinch, a thin layer of tears coating her eyes.

She will never forget those.

Sage shortly lets her eyes go to Narcissa, then to Draco, who is mortified by the panic in it.

"No," she responds quickly, already getting to her feet and letting go of Draco's hand, which held hers very tightly but loosened when he saw her wanting to leave, "excuse me I-"

She cant come up with something quick enough, her chest tightens and she just has to get out of there. Away from the idea of going back to that place.

Draco wants to go after her, but his mother has taken on his forearm, trying to talk to him, "Did I say something?"

Fuck.

Her old place. The place where she lost her sister. And the place she avoids at all costs. She wasnt there since that night, he remembers her telling him once

He can feel all eyes on him, worried for what triggered Sage but Draco has trouble looking anywhere than the doorframe Sage just went through.

"I dont know, I have to go."

His mothers hand immediatly draws back. "Of course, I am so sorry, go."

The last words get quieter when he tries to follow Sage's footsteps, his own little panic building. He just saw her take the last steps of the stairs before she went out if his vision. He takes those as well, three at a time, his breathing quickening, but not because of the effort he has to bring up.