57.rule

"Hello my dears," Sage smiles at the smile that sprung on Narcissa's face when opening the door to Draco and her, "its lovely to see you. Come on in."

The warmth of the house engulfs them as soon as they step in, as well as the smell of freshly backed cookies.

Narcissa takes them in for a quick welcome hug. "I have a few things to get to before we start. Until then you can make yourselves comfortable in the drawing room."

Draco gives a silent curt nod, Narcissa's brows furrowing slightly at that.

"We'll be there, thank you." Sage replies, giving Draco a sideeye, who helps take her winter coat off.

Hanging it on the packed coat stand, he hears his mothers heels click and sighs because he knows who all those other coats belong to.

"What?" Sage questions.

"Nothing." He mutters, shrugging his own coat off. 

Him and Sage make their way to the drawing room in quiet, the voices inside it getting clearer as they come closer.

"Someone's excited to be here." Pansy sarcastically remarks when seeing Draco's face.

"You guys are everywhere aren't you?" He retorts, going over to the fully stocked barcart and pour himself a drink.

"Dont mind him. I told him something this morning and ever since then he is in a mood with me and apparently everyone else." Sage sits down beside Daphne on one of the couches, folding one leg over the other.

"We happen to have a disagreement." He fakes a smile, planting himself between Sage and the armrest of the couch, an arm around her shoulder.

"It is not a disagreement." Sage states strictly, eyes landing on his.

He rolls his tongue on the inside if his cheek.

"I disagree with you saying this is a not disagreement. There, we have at least one disagreement."

They find themselves in a short glaring match. Sage finds this— his behaviour beyond amusing and he is aware of that.

"Did you tell him the weddings off?"

Sage and Draco simultaneously roll their eyes before settling them on Blaise at the other end of the couch.

"Exactly, that is why we are sitting here together and wait to make our final decisions on the wedding. Right on Blaise."

"You give nothing to go on and that was the first thing that came to mind." He holds his hands up in defence.

"Are you pregnant?" Reina questions, sitting opposite them on a sofa.

"And you think that is how I would react? You got to be kidding me. Or that you would find out this way? No she is not fucking pregnant!" Reina's eyes widen by his tone.

It is reassuring to see him getting so passionate about it, still, Sage webbs her hand with his hanging loosely over her shoulder and feels his body lose stiffness.

If he disagrees with her on something or not, her touch always calms him.

"She finally confessed that she doesnt like your hair. The blond is too much." Maeve jokes, and not just to loosen the tension. "Or she told you to dye it for the wedding into something that wont blend into snow."

Draco glares at her. "I really liked you. I really did." After seeing her smirk his eyes fall to everyone, but no one specific. "When did our private life turn into a guessing game."

"No, no— there is only one thing he can be mad about with her." Theo says.

"—I'm not mad—"