6. suspicions

Sage stares at the roof of Theo's canopy bed, her back on his matress horizontally while her fingers drum on her stomach absentmindedly.

She hears Theo talk to himself but its too quiet for her to hear. Every now and then she can feel a piece of clothing hit her legs, that dangle off the bed and barely touch the floor.

"What do you think about this one?" He calls for her, but she doesnt respond nor gives him any obvious attention. "Blue?"

"You already showed me about eight jumpers. I doubt that this one will take the cake."

Theo has summoned her to help him with an outfit. He has asked the girl he is seeing out for their first date. Its cute how much he wants to make this right.

"Just look up," she can hear how he is smiling. Now she is curious.

With rolling eyes she props herself up on her elbows, but then opts for a full siting position, when she sees the thing. Her hand is slapped over her mouth.

Theo holds a christmas-colored sweatshirt to his front, as in to show how it would look on him without actually putting it on. It has an god-awful design and Sage wonders how and why he comes to the possession of this.

"What do you think?" He is grinning like a madman.

A slight laugh bubbles. "A christmas sweater is your choice? Its not even the right season. We have fall."

"Who cares. It gets the point across. I like christmas. Also, she would find this fucking hilarious when I show up to our date in this."

"You dont want to impress her?" Sage is surprised and somewhat shocked.

Theo always always dresses to impress with his own sense of style. That sweater he is considering is not showing off his muscles. It would drown him completely. Not that he would look horrendous in it, its just not what Sage would have expected him to wear.

Theo smirks cheekily. "She already knows how good I look. Plus I would fucking rock this thing."

Sage leans onto her elbows behind her back, swinging her legs. "Where do you go again?"

"Hogsmeade. You know that little restaurant with the pretty lights, yeah, that one."

Oh, that is the wrong outfit for such a place. Theo wouldnt care, though. He would walz in there with utmost confidence, and that is why he got Sage to help.

"You know what, how about you look for a shirt maybe. Lets keep that christmas thing for another date where you wont scare off people who just want to have a nice dinner."

He tosses the christmas jumper next to Sage on the bed. "Maybe youre right. But just so you know, Maeve would have gone wild over that. Thats one of the things I love about her. We have the same sense of humour. I have never met anyone like her."

Sage smiles faintly. "You just told me her name."

He has been keeping that from her and their friends for whatever reason.

"Its beautiful, isnt it? Everything about her is so—unique. Her hair is so soft and her eyes so beautifully brown and her little boobs are so cute. Her smile is so pretty, it takes my breath away each time. Honestly, I could faint each time."

"Theo, you are whipped," Sage gasps, throwing a pillow at his back. Its the first time he really talks about the girl that has his heart. "I didnt know you could talk like that."

"I didnt know either," he pulls a shirt out of his dresser and leans his side on it, a dreamy look on his face. "She makes me feel weak in the best way possible. I have never experienced like this fluttery feeling in my stomach, but I love it. It makes me feel so— alive. It takes everything in my not to mush her in my arms everytime I see her."