22.father

Draco running his fingers lightly through her hair brings her slowly back to conciousness.

She blinks a few times to clear her vision, arriving back to reality. She realises how early it really is, much earlier compared to their morning yesterday with the sun is just about to rise.

"Do you even sleep?" Sage inquires in her lower morning voice.

Her awoken state surprises him since his fingers stops moving for a second, then moves down to her exposed shoulder and arm.

"I had the best sleep these last few days, actually," his voice is still hoarse from sleep.

Sage kisses his sternum before repositioning her head right next to his, to see eye to eye. "The best in my entire existence."

He takes her hand in his and kisses her knuckles. "Your hands are always cold," he mentions.

"So are yours," she states when he begins to lay soft kisses first on the inside of her wrist, moving up to her forearm.

"You still need to tell me about what happened yesterday." The kisses move to her upper arm and she tries not to squirm from how ticklish it is.

"Be more specific," Sage says even though she knows exactly what he wants to know.

"What story did my mother tell you?" He details his question as he arrives on the top of her chest, leaving feather light caressings by his lips.

"One about you," she tells him vaguely.

He stops the kissing. "What did she tell you to make you cry?"

"I did not cry." Her hand flies up to brush some strands of bedhair from his forehead. "I told you it was nothing bad. Just... stirring."

"What was it about?" He persists whilst taking her waist in his hold.

Sage ponders for a moment on how she will approach this, but also for the dramatic effect. "Last summer, how you spend more time in the garden," she smiles to herself. "Especially at the magnolia flowers patch."

His eyes already widenend in realisation by the mention of garden. Does she think it is funny? Did she cry becau—

"It is definetly my favourite story," she adds before he draws the wrong conclusion.

If that is so, he only has to make one guess why. But he doesn't know how much his mother gave away, so she could find it adorable that he was some kind of nature freak. Though knowing his mother, she definitely told everything.

"Why is that?" He asks to be absolutely sure.

A gentle smile tugs at her lips, hands falling to his shoulders. "Because you are my home."

Always on the same page.

Those are words he never knew he wanted to hear, but damn, he just arrived. He has his forever in his very hands, in all her morning beauty.

"All my life I had a roof over my head. That was the only security in my life, except... I never felt home anywhere. I always felt out of place and not 100 percent welcome—oh no, don't tell that your mother," her eyes grow slightly wide and he lets out a light chuckle. "I am madly in love with you, Draco. Madly. But you are also my home. My comfort and my peace," she exhales a soft breath, as if she can't believe it. "I finally arrived."

"I get it now," he murmurs, feeling a sting in his eyes. "It is fantastic when someone calls you that."

Sage lets her thumb caress the part where his shoulder and neck meet and his draws circles on her hip. "You are my home too, Blossom."