Stubborn

Age: unborn
Warnings: vomit, fighting
Word Count: 1373

Natasha's hands shook uncontrollably as she stared at the stick, the two pink lines staring back at her

Natasha's hands shook uncontrollably as she stared at the stick, the two pink lines staring back at her. It was impossible, right?

She took a deep but shaky breath before throwing the pregnancy test away. Ignoring it will make it go away, it had to. It was just a mistake.

Throughout the next few weeks, Natasha couldn't keep a single meal down. Everything revolted her, every smell, every meal, it made her sick.

When she ran out of the kitchen with her hand over her mouth, Steve knew something was up. He was cooking Chili, specifically one of Natasha's favorite.

He was quick to turn the stove off and chase after her, opening the bathroom door without any acknowledgement that he was there.

"Steve, get out!" Natasha screamed as she sat on the bathroom floor, with her head near the toilet bowl.

Steve was astonished to see Natasha so vulnerable, but instead of leaving he took her hair into his hands and rubbed comforting circles on her back.

"What's going on?" He questioned. "You haven't been yourself lately."

Natasha just shook her head as she retched into the toilet, her face becoming a bright red.

She gasped, catching her breath. "I think I just have a stomach bug or something."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Steve. I promise I'm fine." Natasha rolled her eyes as she stood up like nothing happened.

He watched as she brushed her teeth, removing the disgusting taste of bile. She eyed him nervously, almost as if she expected him to continue questioning her.

"I take it you don't want any chili?"

Natasha flashed him an amused smile, but her eyes were full of guilt. He made her one of her favorite dishes and the smell disgusted her so much, she puked. What kind of person does that?

"I'm sorry, Steve."

He ran his hands through her auburn colored hair, kissing her forehead. "It's alright, more for me." He joked.

___

"Are you sure you'll be alright?" He questioned nervously as Natasha quickly packed her weapons into her bag.

"Steve, relax." She rolled her eyes. "I'll be fine, it's just a little mission. I've completed more dangerous ones with the flu."