Chapter 27 - Spill the Beans

"What do you want to know?" Lily asks as she strokes her fingers through Lizzie's hair. They are still laying on the couch facing each other and studying each other's face.

"Hm," Lizzie ponders for a moment in consideration of what she doesn't know about her yet. "Oh! Your rules. What are these dumb rules of yours?"

Lily couldn't help but roll her eyes. "My rules aren't dumb. They are essential –"

"Essential?" Lizzie laughs. "From what I know, you've broken three rules for me."

"You're an exception."

"Exception?" Lizzie asks with an eyebrow cocked up in question.

"Anomaly? Outlier? Irregularity?" Lily offers.

"Try again," Lizzie says, enjoying the way her teasing affects her.

"Special? One of a kind?" Lily tries again.

"Better," Lizzie smiles. "Go on. What about these essential rules?"

"First of all, it's a formula for a perfect date, aka me," Lily tells her. "If you follow these rules, you're pretty much irresistible."

Lizzie reaches up and caresses Lily's cheek. "You need a formula for that? You're pretty irresistible without it."

"I'm irresistible because I follow my rules," Lily corrects. "It's taken a lot of dates to nail it down." The moment she says it, she knows she's messed up by the look on Lizzie's face. "Okay, maybe not a lot of dates."

"I think you're just trying to make me jealous," Lizzie teases.

"I'm not," Lily assures her.

"Hm, I don't believe you but go on," Lizzie says, making a mental note to bring it back up later.

"Anyway," Lily says, clearing her throat, "My rules govern the do's and do not's on a date. For instance, do always open the door for a lady. Do not go on your phone ever unless it's an emergency."

"You went on your phone to post a picture," Lizzie reminds her.

"You're special. You made me feel comfortable enough to do it," Lily says, though it wasn't an excuse. "Do always smile and make eye contact but not too long to be creepy. Do not drink alcohol on the first date."

"Oh, I'm a bad first date," Lizzie jokes. "I drank wine."

"No, you weren't. You were perfect," Lily denies. "I've just found that it's better to be completely in your senses on the first date especially when you don't know them at all prior to going on the date."

"Makes sense," Lizzie says, urging her to continue.

"Do drop of your date at the front door," Lily continues, "Do not kiss her, but the only exception would be on the cheek. It leaves them wanting more, you know? Like giving them a little taste of what they could have."

Lizzie hums in response, unable to dispute her words.

"Do not ever! And I mean EVER! Go into your date's home. Which means no sex, unless you're there for a fling or a one night stand, in which case, throw out all the rules."

"Have you had many one night stands?" Lizzie asks, the words escaping her before she could even think about it. It's clear from the widening of her eyes that she is also surprised at her own question. Lizzie didn't like to think that she was a jealous type of person but the thought that Lily being with other people riled her insides.

"No," Lily answer with a small smile as she tucks a strand of hair behind Lizzie's ear. "Not one."

"Oh," Lizzie says as the yucky feelings disappear. In all honestly, she had no right to feel any sort of way. She's an adult and whatever choices she made in the past shouldn't be judged. She definitely shouldn't be jealous of it anyway because it was before her time with Lily. She knows it, but that doesn't mean the feelings didn't still bubble inside her.