Chapter 79 - Shred It

Lizzie's phone buzzes.

Groaning, she grabs her phone from the foot of the bed and sees a post that Lily Rowan was tagged in on Instagram.

Frowning, Lizzie clicks it open. Lily hasn't been posting since the premiere and even though her movie has had a huge reaction, she hasn't done anything to acknowledge it. Normally, she would at least do a video thanking all her fans, but nothing.

She had always posted about things she's involved in, whether that was Marvel or any TV shows. It was abnormal for Lily to be quiet about the projects she's in, especially on her first big movie deal.

Lizzie was concerned, but she couldn't reach out. She had texted Hailee, but she was being left on read and ghosted.

The Instagram post pulls up and it's of a user called RaeganJupiter uploading a photo of herself and another woman in the background. Raegan is beautiful – she could be a model, is Lizzie's first thought. But then she remembers why the photo is pulled up in the first place and she searches for Lily.

She clicks the photo once and the tag of @LilyRowan is set on a woman in the background. Her back is towards the camera and it looks like she's talking to someone to the side that isn't in the photo. It's indisputably Lily Rowan. Lizzie could tell even if the woman has her back to her.

It looks like they were walking down a trail.

Lizzie frowns seeing there are more photos available. She swipes to the next photo and this one is clearly Lily. Reagan is now beside her and holds the camera up and takes a selfie. Lily is still looking away, unbothered and maybe clueless to the camera but Reagan grins wildly and it's clear she's having a blast stealing photos of the celebrity. The final photo in the gallery is actually a video. Reagan makes funny faces and sticks her tongue out as she skips in front of the group. Lily and another woman is in conversation but the video is muted with no sound.

The caption of the post reads "Who said exes can't be friends?"

Lizzie's heart stops.

No wonder the name sounded familiar! Reagan is Lily ex...the one before Lizzie. The one who is an adrenaline junkie, the one who Lily traveled the world with, the one who showed Lily all the amazing sex.

Her stomach twists and turns with unbelievable jealousy. No, she can't feel this way. She ended things with Lily so Lily's personal life is her own business. Lizzie didn't have the right to feel what she felt.

A knock comes from her hotel door.

Lizzie chose to ignore it. She hadn't ordered room service and she clearly had the do not disturb tag around the door handle.

Another knock follows moments later, this time harder and more impatient. A second later, a female's voice is heard behind the door. "Lizzie, you better open this door before I kick it down."

Recognizing the voice, Lizzie pulls herself out from under the covers and creeps up to the door. She peers through the peephole and finds a blonde scowling back at her.

"I see you looking through the hole. Open up," Scarlett orders.

With a heavy sigh, Lizzie unlocks the door and pulls it open. "What are you doing here, Scarlett?"

"I'm here for answers," Scarlett says and brushes past Lizzie.

"Sure...just come in..."

"I brought beer so we're all set until I get all the details about you and Lily," Scarlett states and settles on one of the two chairs in the hotel room. She looks up meeting Lizzie's baffled expression. "What? I told you I would get it out of you. I let you get out of it for two months already and I'm not going to sit by while my two friends are drowning in self pity."