Chapter 16 - Surprise Visit

Lily laid in bed, rolling back and forth while the sun blinded her through the curtains. She had stayed up last night binge watching season 1 of "Sorry for Your Loss" and knowing she had a break in her work out routine today, she wanted to sleep in. It seemed the sun wanted to be her enemy today.

Groaning, she rolls over and pulls her phone from its charger on her bedside table. The time read 10:34am.

It didn't seem like she could go back to sleep any time soon. So she decides to get up and get ready for the day.

When she's all freshened up, she bounds into the kitchen and pops a bagel into the toaster for breakfast. Once it's done with a 'Ding!', she juggles it between her two hands to the living room, shouting "Hot! Hot! Ouch! Hot!"

Celebrity news plays in the background while she munches on her bagel and browses through her phone. She's browsing through Twitter when her ears perk up at the mention of her name on TV.

". . .Lily Rowan to appear in the new Netflix series "Bridgerton"," the woman on the screen tells her co-cost. "What do you think about that?"

"She seems to be appearing everywhere!" the co host exclaims. "I'm not complaining. She's young and talented. Especially after that huge box office hit with Avengers, she's the heartthrob of every teenager – girl and boy."

Lily smiles at the last comment. Somehow, she always forgets she is some big star. Oftentimes, she still feels like she's just starting out, stuck in the same loop over and over again. But when she hears these compliments, she feels so much more confident in her ability.

"Do you have high hopes for the show?" the first host asks.

"Oh definitely," the second replies. "I'm personally a fan of Lily and everything she has been in has been a hit."

"But you know, it seems this character plays a small part in the grand scheme of things," the first says. "Many of her roles are supporting or secondary characters. I want to see her as the main character for once."

"I want to see her do something different," the first host adds. "These characters she plays fit and she's good at them but for the most part, it's all she's done. We've seen glimpses from Teen Wolf and Avengers that she is capable with more."

"You know what I would like to see her do?" the second asks and then answers her own question, "Horror."

"Oh hell no," Lily grumbles. Horror is the one genre she wouldn't do. She couldn't watch a horror movie let alone act in one. She would get nightmares every day even if she knew the mechanics behind it were all fake.

"That would be crazy," the first laughs. "But more on Bridgerton – This is an interesting concept. It's set to come out at the end of the year and. . ."

Lily drowns out the rest of it as it no longer pertains to her. But she thought about what the two discussed. It confirmed her desire to want to branch out and portray characters that had more substance. And a main character? She could only dream of it.

An hour goes by and then another. It's not often Lily gets to laze around and scrolling through all the socials didn't make it hard to do so but because it's not the norm, she started to get antsy. Her body was itching to do something.

She stands suddenly, feeling the energy in her body start to overtake her. She needed to find something to do before she drove herself crazy.

She thinks about it for a moment and then an idea pops into her head. Pulling out her phone, she texts a new number asking if it would be okay to visit. It doesn't take 5 minutes before she got a reply saying "YES!!!!!!!" with a million other exclamation points.