Chapter 78 - Moving On

Lizzie had watched a live stream of Haven: The Fight for Survival premiere event. It was grainy and choppy of some fan that had the worst internet connection in the world. She had to stay up early into the morning to watch it, but she didn't want to sleep. She waited and watched.

On her phone, she saw photos and videos being posted on Twitter and Instagram. It was fans posting as Lily passed. There were even some she saw of lucky fans who got photos with Lily.

Lily looked stunning.

Lizzie was so proud of her, but it also hurt her deep down. She wanted to be there. Above all else, she wanted to be there and cheer her on.

But she couldn't. She couldn't risk it. If she went, everything Lily's worked for would have burned to ashes. That night showed Lizzie she made the right decision. Lily looked so happy with everything she's worked for coming down to that one night. All her accomplishments for the movie showed that she was successful. Lizzie couldn't take that away from her.

She supported Lily in the shadows. She watched every interview and looked at every photo that was posted about the event. All the articles were positive and even the gossip channels didn't have anything bad to say about it.

It was a huge success.

Lizzie was glad she gave Callie her VIP pass to attend. If there was anyone that could take her place, it would be Callie.

Lizzie wished she was there. Just seeing Lily's bright eyes and beaming smile made her want to hold her and cheer.

But the reminder of the look Lily had the night she flew back to the States crumbled any thought that being with Lily was a possibility. Lizzie knew she broke Lily's heart. She didn't have to say anything; not attending spoke volumes.

The weeks that followed only proved to her how 'over' their relationship was.

Lily never appeared on set again. Lizzie couldn't admit that she was looking forward to going into her trailer and being greeted by Lily with a cup of coffee and breakfast. At the time, she hated it because Lily was being so stubborn, but not seeing her felt worse. She wanted to feel annoyed at Lily, she wanted to tell her to go away or to stop bothering her even though she knew Lily wouldn't and would just come back. But Lily didn't appear and Lizzie started to feel empty.

She got what she wanted, she thought grimly. They're over.

And that broke her heart. Lizzie cried that day with the realization that was it. This is how Lily felt when Lizzie ended it officially. Lizzie hadn't fought for them and despite Lily's effort, she gave up too. A part of Lizzie wished Lily was strong enough to fight enough for the both of them. Lily was her knight, but that's exactly it – was. She was many things; her girlfriend, her lover, her everything.

But now she's nothing.

. . .