Chapter 83 - Maid of Honor

Lizzie was excited about planning out their wedding. It was stressful, but she loved every second of it. She took the lead on it since Lily was still filming for the sequel of Haven. She looked at venues and compiled it all in the binder. She looked at different themes, color combinations, flowers, DJs, the color and style of the bridesmaid dresses, food, and so much more. Lizzie kept a constant playlist of wedding songs going in the background and jotted down the ones she liked and put a star next to the ones she thought would be good for their first dance. It was almost too much to handle.

However, that didn't mean Lily didn't help. In fact, Lily would come up with a burning look full of motivation. They would sit together with a glass of wine in hand and brainstorm. No matter how many hours Lily put in for filming, she always came home with ideas and inspiration.

Slowly, but surely, they started filling in the binder and while a lot of it wasn't decided, they had a starting point and the black holes of uncertainty started to be filled in.

They decided that they wanted a small wedding, but not the "small" people would think them to have. They both have a lot of friends, Lily mostly, but Lizzie wanted to keep it personal. So while it would be "small" for a celebrity wedding, there would still be hundreds of guests. Lily was still working on her guest list but she tried to keep it exclusive and limited, per Lizzie's wishes.

"Reagan Jupiter," Lily read from her contacts.

"No," Lizzie said immediately. "Scarlett Johansson."

"Hell yes," Lily answers.

They were going through their contacts. They each read a name out loud and the other had to approve.

"Why not Reagan?" Lily asks.

"It's weird to have your ex at our wedding," Lizzie states.

"It could be but Raegan is cool," Lily says.

"Baby..."

"Okay, okay. She's out," Lily says with understanding.

"You're not upset?"

"No, of course not. We're compromising," Lily says. "If you really don't want someone there, we're not going to have them here."

"Thank you," Lizzie says, linking their pinkies together.

"Of course, babe," Lily says. After a pause of them going through their contacts and skipping people, Lily speaks, "Then that rules out Robbie."

"What – Robbie and I are amicable. There's nothing going on between us and we've been friends for years and years."

Lily's expression goes blank and they stare at each other for a moment.

"You're right. He's off," Lizzie says and leans over to kiss Lily's cheek in apology. Lily breaks out into a smile, happy that they came to a compromise. "I'm thinking of asking Scarlett to be my maid of honor. Have you thought about yours?"

Lily sighs and leans back, taking Lizzie's hand and kissing each knuckle before answering. "I've been going back and forth between Hailee and Callie."

"Just follow your heart," Lizzie advises. "It's never failed you before. I'm actually so grateful for it. Your big heart is one of the reasons I fell so deeply in love with you."

"The only thing my heart knows for sure is that it belongs to you."

"Cheesy as always," Lizzie hums, but the slightest pink appears on her cheeks.

"Oh boy, I could go for some cheese," Lily groans.

She's been put on a strict diet for the past few months. The crew was able to film Haven 2 and 3 together so it saved them a lot of filming time in the future, but that also meant longer hours in the present. Since Lily's character is a badass fighter survivor, she lives at the gym and eats the blandest foods. She's been cut off on sweets and fat, and one of those things is precious cheese.