Chapter 61 - Club Echo

After dinner, most everyone decided they would continue the festivities at a local club. Lily, who was grinning like a madwoman, even after getting cake smashed in her face by her friends, rode with Callie, Gabriel, Lizzie, and Hailee who cramped herself into the car.

"I love you," Lily whispers to Lizzie, her head resting on Lizzie's shoulder while Lizzie played with her hair.

"Are you having a good birthday, baby?" Lizzie asks softly.

"The best," Lily murmurs.

Lily's friends had begged her to ride with them to get to the club and Lily would have but she could tell Lizzie was feeling a little lonely. Lizzie wouldn't admit it, letting her have her fun being her day and all, but Lizzie often wore her emotions on her sleeve despite being such a great actress.

"I'll take care of you," Lizzie tells her. "Enjoy yourself, okay?"

Lily nods, knowing that she's giving her permission to drink and go wild. Not that she needed permission, but it is reassuring to know that Lizzie is okay with it and she has someone to care for her if she goes overboard.

"Even if I feel someone up?" Lily teases. "Or dance with them?"

"You've noticed?" Lizzie asks, her face flushing red.

"I think everyone has felt your glaring eyes on them," Lily giggles.

"Is it that obvious?" Lizzie groans.

"I think it's cute," Lily assures her, leaning up to kiss her cheek. "But you're the only one for me. Everyone else is just my friend."

"I know. I just get a little jealous," Lizzie mutters. "It's unattractive, huh?"

"It's kind of sexy," Lily shrugs. "It's like you're asserting your dominance and letting everyone know who I belong to."

"You don't belong to anyone."

"I belong to you," Lily corrects. "You have me wrapped around your pretty little finger and I wouldn't have it any other way."

"You're making me so single," Hailee complains. "Callie, how much longer? I don't think I can listen to this mushy crap any longer."

"We're here," Callie laughs. She pulls into an open parking spot and they climb out. They walk a block to the destination, a building that's already popping with music and a long line out the door. The sign reads "Club Echo."

While Callie talks with the bouncer, Lily turns to Lizzie. "Anyone I can't dance with?"

"I trust you, baby," Lizzie says, pecking her lips. "You have fun and find me when you want to leave. But save me a dance?"

"Always," Lily promises, her heart soaring at Lizzie's words.

Hailee waves them in and they enter the packed club. They had a table and a booth reserved with a direct view of the dance floor. It's nearing midnight and the place is packed with people dancing with drinks in their hand.

While they waited for everyone else to arrive, Hailee ordered a variety of shots ranging from hard liquor like vodka and tequila but also a few other kinds like blue kamikaze, lemon drop, and a birthday shot specifically for Lily for the entire table. By the time everyone arrived, it was all lined up and the group of dozen held up their shots, cheered, and downed it in one go.

"Dance with me?" Lily shouts in Lizzie's ear.

"Later," Lizzie shouts back so that she could be heard over the music. She's a homebody and rarely comes out to clubs so it takes her a little while to fully feel comfortable in this environment.