Chapter 65 - Loose Ends

After Lily and Lizzie returned to LA, they went back to their regular routine. Lizzie was still working on WandaVision and Lily was working closely with Ellis on any potential new roles and working out her schedule for the next year.

Now, Lily laid in bed with Lizzie beside her. Lizzie was still asleep, a hand on Lily's chest while she breathed softly in her slumber.

Lily held her hand, playing with her fingers. When she was certain Lizzie was still asleep, because Lily had just woken up, she reached over to her bedside and pulled the drawer open. She grabs a handful of rings and lets it sit on her chest.

Slowly and carefully, she takes a ring and slips it onto Lizzie's ring finger. This one was too big.

So she tried another. It was too small.

After seven different rings, she carefully puts it back in the drawer in the pile on the left. The pile was getting bigger and bigger every day.

Every morning, she tried to wake up a little earlier. She had stolen a bunch of Lizzie's rings and put it in her bedside drawer so that she could fit them on her finger every chance she got. On nights that Lizzie fell asleep first or on mornings she woke up before Lizzie, she's been trying to get the right fitting of her finger.

None of the rings Lizzie had fit. It was like she never thought to buy a ring for her ring finger, who would have thought?

Lily grabbed another ring from the pile in the drawer that she hadn't tried and slipped it onto Lizzie's finger. It was slightly too big but it fit. Maybe a size smaller and it would be perfect.

Lizzie stirs and she quickly pulls it off. She closed her hand around the ring and shut her drawer. She closed her eyes and pretended to sleep.

Lily felt Lizzie prop herself up onto her elbows, her hand sliding off her chest, and yawn. A few seconds passed and then Lily felt the soft caress of Lizzie's hand on her cheek. The bed dips a little bit closer to her and then little kisses are placed on her cheek and her eyes, then her nose and lips.

"Baby," Lizzie coos. "Baby, do you want any breakfast?"

Lily stirs, keeping her eyes closed for a second, and then opens them, blinking the "sleep" out of her eyes. She adds in a fake yawn for good measure.

"What'd you say?" Lily asks, stifling another yawn.

"Breakfast?" Lizzie repeats, her voice raspy with having just woken up.

"That sounds wonderful," Lily smiles, propping herself up to peck Lizzie's lips.

"Okay," Lizzie smiles, but she doesn't move. She just lays there, propped on her elbows, staring lovingly into Lily's eyes. She loved these mornings, just being able to stare at the love of her life.

Lily reaches over and tucks a stray hair behind Lizzie's ear, sharing the same loving look and smiling softly at the woman of her dreams.

"You're beautiful," Lily whispers, staring into her bright green eyes that the sun's rays make ten times brighter. And her light brown hair has lost its blond touch and has become darker over the past few weeks. Despite her bedhead, her hair frames her face perfectly.

"You only tell me every day," Lizzie grins, pecking her lips once more. She could never get tired of those lips. "I'm starting to believe you."

"You should know by now," Lily states.

"Yes, but I want to keep hearing it so I won't," Lizzie says and finally rolls out of bed. "Any plans today?"

"Hailee asked me to hang with her today. I'll drop by her house after my morning meeting with Ellis."