Chapter 49 - Audition

The sound of Lizzie entering the living room snaps Lily's attention from her laptop and she quickly snaps the lid down, obviously hiding something.

"You're up," Lily comments stupidly as Lizzie walks around the couch and plops down next to her, giving Lily a good morning kiss.

"What are you hiding?" Lizzie asks, not pressing or demanding, rather curious. She snuggles into Lily's side, her voice raspy having just woken up.

Lily sighs with a guilty look and opens up her laptop again. "Just some dumb articles."

"Hey," Lizzie says, her tone becoming more serious as she turns Lily's face to look at her. "We promised to do this together. Me and you."

"I know," Lily sighs. "It's just...I don't want you to read the bullshit."

Lizzie kisses Lily's cheek, touched at her intentions, but not wanting her to go through it alone. Lizzie reaches over and grabs Mr. Sloth and sets him in her lap.

"I have my two knights," Lizzie says. "I'm protected."

Lily takes Lizzie's hand in her own and with a sigh, flips open the browser to reveal dozens of articles that she had opened. Lizzie's heart tightens, wondering how long Lily has been awake looking at articles.

The headlines hit her first.

BREAKING NEWS: Lily Rowan turns Elizabeth Olsen Gay!

Elizabeth Olsen has a Taste of the Rainbow; New Girlfriend Makes it Public

Lily Rowan and Elizabeth Olsen Kiss in New Facebook show and Kiss in Real Life

Marvel Stars Lily Rowan and Elizabeth Olsen More Than Just Friends

EXCLUSIVE: Lily Rowan Announces New Boo!

SCANDAL: Elizabeth Olsen and Lily Rowan Found Leaving LA Party, Kissing On Screen, and Announcing Relationship Status

Lily Rowan using Elizabeth Olsen to push her career? READ MORE.

Elizabeth Olsen leads on younger actress, Lily Rowan, after breaking up with Robbie Arnett

Read here: Timeline of Lily Rowan and Lizzie Olsen's Relationship

Most of the headlines are only used to get people to click open the article with little to no truth. Even reading into a few of them that Lizzie angrily punched open on the touchpad, it was all speculation or straight up lies.

Lily was angry too, of course, but she hid her true emotions in front of Lizzie. She had to be strong for her and comfort her the best she could. That's her job; that's the promise she made.

"We don't have to read them," Lily tells Lizzie, who is glaring at the screen with a deep frown as she reads another article filled with lies. When Lizzie doesn't answer, not having heard her girlfriend from being too concentrated, Lily rubs Lizzie's back soothingly and squeezes her hand until Lizzie peels her eyes away and meets Lily's eyes.

"Did you say something?" Lizzie asks, her forehead creased with stress.

Lily pushes in the middle between Lizzie's eyebrows until they fade, smiling triumphantly when she sees them disappear. "I said we should go get breakfast," Lily says instead.

"Okay – I can whip up some eggs and –"

"Out," Lily says, cutting Lizzie off.

"Out?"

Lily nods, watching Lizzie's reaction closely.

Lizzie bites the bottom of her lip in thought. She was never opposed to going out but now that they are out and their announcement made public just yesterday, she started to feel anxious and giddy about going out. What if people saw them? How would people react? She wondered if this is what Lily thought and felt when she pushed for them to stay in rather than go out.