Chapter 14 - We Meet Again

Molly, the producer for the show, ran up to Elizabeth who was sat in the conference room reading over the script for the second episode. Being a small production, they pretty much had to do everything episode by episode so that any changes wouldn't throw everything off track. That also meant the preparation of each episode was only available a few days in advance or set very close to shooting. That included casting actors that weren't the main crew.

"Liz, we have someone for 'Vivian'!" Molly squeals and drops a portfolio onto the table in front of her. "You won't believe who we got."

"Who?" Liz asks, picking up the file and opening it up.

Her heart drops as she reads the name at the same time as Molly shouting, "Lily Rowan!"

Liz has taken an executive producer role on the show but balancing that and as the lead, she doesn't have time to handle things like casting, which is handled by the rest of the team.

In any other circumstance, she would have been ecstatic to have someone like Lily Rowan join the crew. She's been rising to fame quickly and her fanbase was crazy which would bring a lot of attention to the show. She would fit the character well – a chic character who has an 'untouchable' aura – who would help Elizabeth's character, Leigh, distract herself from the death of her husband. She would be perfect for the role.

If not for Liz's own personal feelings towards her. Over the past few months, it felt like she got control of her feelings. Being away from her definitely stuffed the desire down but just simply looking at her name made her heart tighten. She didn't know if she should be happy to see her again or nervous due to how they left things in London.

"She's going to come in and talk about the role over lunch."

"Who's invited?" Liz asks, still stunned about the news. Still, she didn't know if she wanted to be included or not.

"I was thinking me and you, if you're not busy."

She hesitates on her answer. She wished Molly had decided for her so she didn't have to but it ultimately was her choice.

"I think I should be done by lunch," Liz answers, letting her mouth speak before thinking it through. "It'll be great to see her again."

"Oh! That's right," Molly says. "You two worked together before. On Avengers right?"

"We did," Liz confirms. "It's been a few months since we've spoken."

"That'll be so great," Molly says. "You can run through the project with her and get her up to speed." She claps her hands in excitement and takes the portfolio from Liz's hand. She's out the room before Liz could say anything else, excited to let everyone else know the news.

The script falls from Liz's grip and she finds herself burying her face in her hands. The conflicting feelings were coming again but surprisingly, the one feeling she felt above all else is happiness. The circumstances are different now – she's out and comfortable about it. And she found the only reason she buried her face in her hands was to hide the smile on her face.

. . .

Lily drove to the Italian restaurant that Joseph texted her after the call. He said the team was "ecstatic" to have her join and wanted to meet her right away. It was short notice but considering the early start date for next week, she could understand it. And it was flattering to hear producers were excited to meet her.

She got lucky and got a parking spot right out front. She stepped out of the car and entered the restaurant.

"Hi," Lily greets the hostess. "I'm here for –"