Chapter 81 - Our Home

Immediately after making up, Lily went to film the sequel of her movie while Lizzie continued to film Dr. Strange. It was hard being apart from the woman they love especially after 3 months of being "broken up" although Lily never considered them broken up.

Lily went back to her usual self. She started promoting her movie on social media even thought it was a few weeks since the premiere. Her fans were still hype and were glad to boost her up and cheer her on despite her disappearance. As she expected, many people had asked where she went or what happened but she didn't address any of those questions or concerns and soon enough, people forgot about it.

Lizzie and Lily kept in touch every day despite their busy schedules. They knew the other would be busy and weren't too disappointed when the other didn't have time to talk long or missed a call. They both understood the job and they've done it before.

Whenever they could, they would visit each other. Whether that was taking time off or their filming locations weren't too far from each other.

It's now the end of June, another three months of being apart, and Lizzie has found herself a break from filming. They are wrapping things up and soon enough, they will only need to worry about callbacks for reshoots. Otherwise, they'll all be set for the release next year.

Lizzie wanted to surprise Lily as soon as she landed. She went straight to Lily's apartment after she landed at LAX. She knew Lily would be home, having made sure she got on the plane, and had some treats ready.

It would be their first real time together after their "break up" and she wanted everything to be perfect. She needed it to be perfect because she still felt guilty for giving Lily so much heartbreak.

In her Prius, she drove to Lily's apartment, parked in the garage, and took the elevator right up. She didn't even bother knocking; she still had a copy of the key. She had thoughts of tossing it out and forgetting all about it along with everything she had from Lily, but she couldn't bring herself to do so back then and she's glad she didn't.

Biting her lip, she excitedly sticks the key into the door and unlocks it. She twists the door handle open and steps inside. She hides the bouquet of flowers behind her back as she opens her mouth to call to her lover.

But her voice is stopped in her throat when she sees a woman making out with another on the kitchen island. Their giggles fill the apartment until the one sitting on the counter catches Lizzie in the foyer and pulls away from the woman, who didn't even falter and instead moves her lips to the woman's jaw.

It isn't until the woman grabs the one kissing her and spins her does the two stare blankly at Lizzie until it registers in their minds.

Lizzie thought they would scream. Lizzie thought she should scream, but none of them did.

"What are you doing in our apartment?" The woman sitting on the counter demands. She has a slight accent – maybe Polish – but she must have learned English early on because her pronunciation is really clear.

"Your apartment?" Lizzie scoffs. "This is my girlfriend's apartment. What are you two doing here?" Lizzie's eyes do a quick glance around and see that it's been remodeled. The essential items are still in place but all the furniture have been replaced. The comfortable brown couch that she loves to snuggle with Lily on was gone. The game consoles, Lily's desk, everything was gone.

"Oh, you must be Elizabeth," the other woman who turned around said. She pats her girlfriend's leg to say everything was okay and walks up to Lizzie with a smile. The closer she got, the more familiar the woman became.

Raegan Juniper. In Lily's apartment. She's broken in, she's stolen all of Lily's stuff, and she's making out with some woman as a victory heist. Lizzie was convinced of it.