Chapter 89 - Love Till the End

It didn't matter what Lily did or said. Lizzie was set in her ways and wanted to carry their baby. After a few months of badgering and attempts at convincing, Lily knew it was no use. They never fought over it, but Lily wasn't happy.

Lizzie is going through it just for her. She couldn't be angry at that.

"It's not just for you," Lizzie stated one time. "It's for us. For our family."

Lily couldn't argue it. But she convinced Lizzie that this would be their last attempt. They can look for other ways to build their family; adoption, surrogate, etc. The baby didn't have to come from them physically.

So they tried one more time. Lizzie got Lily's egg implanted with a sperm inseminated a few months later. With bated breath, they waited and waited. The first trimester came and went and before they knew it, Lizzie had a little baby bump.

They couldn't celebrate too early; they refused to get their hopes up after so many failed attempts. But the first trimester passed, and then the second.

It wasn't until they went into their second trimester, got the revelation that they would be getting another baby girl, and the doctor assured them that the biggest hurdles were over.

Lily especially took care of Lizzie during that time. At every turn, Lily was there with pillows and blankets for Lizzie's comfort. Their fridge was stocked with anything one could think of – anything as little as blueberries to as big as a a T-bone steak. Anything Lizzie craved, it was available.

Lily took care of Julian and Cameron too. Lizzie could rest easy without fear that their children weren't being cared for.

Lizzie was reading a story with Cameron when Lily entered with Julian in tow.

"Hey babe," Lily greeted with a wide grin. Her hands were behind her back, walking nonchalantly into the living room. Julian, however, was not as subtle. His eyes were focused on whatever it was behind Lily's back and his hands were up as if to catch something if it were to fall.

"Hello, darling," Lizzie greeted, feigning ignorance. "How was soccer practice?"

"Little man was a huge star. One of the little punks –"

"Lily," Lizzie warns.

"--brats–" Lily corrects, which wasn't much better. Lizzie's eye roll was clear she didn't approve of it either. "Well the little twerp tried to slide and steal the ball, but Julian was so pro and jumped right over the kid. You should have seen him – actually, you can! I took a video."

Julian and Lily come closer. Julian is still dressed in his soccer uniform; his shirt one size too big and his shorts covering his thighs. Black long socks roll up to his knees. Lizzie was just glad he took off his cleats because his whole being was covered in grass as if he was rolling on the field instead of playing soccer on it.

Lily plucks Cameron up from Lizzie's lap with one arm, planting a wet, loud kiss onto her cheek. Cameron, still young too young to be grossed out about the kisses, giggles in glee. "How's my baby girl doing?"

"Good, momma," Cameron answers, kissing Lily back on the cheek. Lily's eyes all but light up at the action.

"You've been making sure mommy gets lots of lovins?" Lily asks and Cameron nods enthusiastically.

"I gave her lots of kisses," Cameron nods, her face serious. "One kiss every hour!"

"And how many minutes is that?"

"50!"

Lily narrows her eyes and glances over at Lizzie who shrugs. "I got many extra kisses."

"It's 60 minutes, honey," Lily corrects her gently.