Chapter 1- South Africa 🇿🇦

As Connors plane touched down in Cape Town international airport he though about the sense behind what he was doing, if their was any.
It had been three years since he had seen Ava, and since his farther passing. Claire had taken over the company, as we all knew she would do, and Connor continued his work at Gaffney Medical Center.
Connor had been searching for Ava for four months, she had left suddenly after the accusations he had thrown at her shortly before his farthers death and after.

Connor hailed a taxi and drove to a local park, he held a sticky note of information in his hand: North-east conner, by the cricket pitch's, Sunday @4pm
Connor sets off at a steady pace towards the cricket pitches, but picked up the pace out anticipation. The park was lively and warm, he could see why Ava could never stand the Chicago cold if she grew up with this. Children were playing on the empty cricket grounds and family's were having late lunches on the grass.

Would Ava really just be here? Somewhere in this park full of people. He had tried to find her before, presuming she would return to South Africa at some point, but hand never managed to find her on anyway hospital staff.
Connor stopped short of himself as he spotted a young women on a bench in front of him.
"Ava" Conner breathed
She turned her head to him, sheltered by big sunglasses and an oversized hat.
"Connor" Ava replied nonchalantly, turning to face forward again, almost as if she expected this encounter.
Of all the reactions of Ava seeing him that Connor had thought of on his 22 hour flight, this was not one of them.
"Are you going to sit or just stand their staring at me?" Ava questioned, turning to look at him again.

Connor sat next to her, still confused by this situation. Ava bent forward, pulling a bottle of water out of her bag that rested on the ground and handed it to Connor without looking at him.
"Thanks" he said, taking a few slugs.
"I was looking for you" Connor started. "I had a private detective friend look into you for me. Said you come here every Sunday, like clock work"
Ava roller her eyes "Of course you did"
" I knew someone was following me, didn't think it would be you" she sighed.

"Ava, I need you to come back to Chicago with me. I need your help" Connor pled
"What?" Ava scoffed taking off her sunglasses
" You want me to leave for Chicago with you? After accusing me of sleeping and killing farther. Jeopardising my career." Ava spat.
"What was it those tabloids called me "psycho physician" Ava laughed pursing her lips.

Connor pulled a patient file from his bag and handed it to Ava. "Do it for the patient"
Ava took the file and scanned over the documents shaking her head. "Conjoined twins" she sighed.
"The chances of a successful separation are slim" Connor started
"But we've done it before, and we have the highest success rates in the county" Ava nodded, taking in the information.
"Had" she corrected herself before turning over a page of the file.

They sat their for a while, Ava taking in the information from the file and Connor taking in the sun.
Connor hear some light scribbling before looking down to see Ava combing through the document with a pen. Adding little footnotes hear and their, following the sentences with the tip of it.
Connor stared at her for a moment, he didn't know how he felt. Ava looked the same as she had when he had last seen her, but something was certainly different. Her blonde hair was still curled to perfection, resting weightlessly on her shoulders. She still held the end of her pen between her teeth when she thought, her brows furrowed.

Ava suddenly look up to meet Connors "I'll sleep on it" Ava assured him, rearranging the papers back into the file.

"Ava please don't let what happened between us cloud your judgement" Connor said, thinking this was some way of punishing him for his actions.

" I'm not Connor, it's more complicated than that"
"How is it more complicated" Connor questioned
Ava opened her mouth to speak before a cry came out over the park.
"Mamma" a little girl cried, hot tears running down her face. She came flying towards Ava with two bloody knees.
"Wat is fout*" Ava gasped, scooping the girl into her arms.

Ava soothed the girl, holding her head to her chest. Shushing her Ava lighting kissed the top of the girls head.
The little girl had a white summer dress on, and short blonde hair like Ava
"Ava has a child?"

——————————-
* "What is wrong"

A/n: Dun dun dun.... I hope you liked this first chapter, I like many was not happy with Ava's ending in Chicago Med. still not over losing her in One Chicago. This was just a fun concept I came up with during a volleyball match, what if Ava had live, what would have happened?🧐