Chapter 63- Moving in

Only a week later Connor and Ava were moving out of their apartment and into their new home. Ava got the last bag of Sophias things from her room while Connor brought her down to the car. Stopping in front of the doorway Ava looked around Connors apartment, their apartment, and all the memories they had made their together. Dancing in the kitchen, movie marathons on the sofa, staying in his arms taking about everything together in bed.
Ava's eyes landed on the kitchen counter, blushing at the memory of hers and Connors early morning activities there the day of the Gala.

"Avey?" A voice pulled her away from her thoughts, drawing her attention back to the doorway.
"You ready to go?" Connor asked with a smile.
Ava nodded and walked over to join him.
"Ah ta ta" Connor said grabbing a handle of the bag.
"Connor it's a bag of teddy bears" Ava rolled her eyes.
"I know baby" he kissed her, taking the bag from her grasp.
Connor placed his free hand on Ava's back. Ava closed her door behind them with a click, without looking back.

*

"Ahhhhhhh!" Sophia screened flying through the kitchen into the back garden.
"I love it, I love it, I love it" she chanted, throwing her arms in the air.
Ava smiles, leaning back against the kitchen counter. She met Connors eye and they smiled to each other before the doorbell rang, breaking their moment.
Ava furrowed her brow, "Who could that be?"
Ava went to answer the door and was greeted by Jay, Nat and Will.
"The official Chicago med moving crew" Will joke, waving his arms out.
"Hey" Jay slapped him playfully, "Med and PD"
"Aww, you guys" Ava smiled, hugging them both.
The men went inside to greet Connor and Ava stood with Nat on the doorstep.
"Look at you" Ava smiled, hugging Nat.
"When do you get to find out the gender?" Ava asked, pulling back to place her hands on Natalies bump.
"Next week, Will cants wait. I think his hairs starting to fall out from the stress of being a dad to a new born" Natalie laughed as they went into the house.
"Wow, this is gorgeous"
"It's was Connors childhood friends home" Ava tells them as they join the boys in the kitchen.

"There you two are" Connor smiled, taking Ava into his arms to kiss her forehead. Ava hummed, feeling his lips against her skin. "Here and ready to help" she slid a hand onto his chest.
"Oh, no. Your not doing any unpacking. Nat is here to keep up company while we unpack" Connor patted her back.
"What, no I can help" Ava argued.
"Yeah, here you can carry this Av" Jay said, throwing her a pillow.
"Ha, ha, very funny Halstead" Ava said sarcastically, going into the other room with Nat.
Ava eases herself onto the sofa they brought from their apartment and place the pillow behind her to support her back.
Natalie joined her and Ava leaned her head back against the sofa.
"Don't gets me wrong, this is everything I wanted during my first pregnancy, but I think Connor may be coming on a bit strong" she chuckled.
"Oh, definitely" Nat agreed, "it's just because he cares for you. Make the most of it while you can"

"Was your first husband like this with Owen? If you don't mind me asking" Ava turned her head to face Natalie who was stroking her belly nostalgicly, "He was, I was about half way through my pregnancy when I had a sneezing fit in the night. He woke up in a panic thinking I would go into premature labour from it" she chuckled.
"You have to remember Ava this is your second pregnancy, but it's his first time as part of one"
"Mhm, your right" Ava said, stretching out on the sofa.
"When did you get to be so wise?"
"I was always this wise Dr. Bekker, if you would visit us in the ED more frequently you'd know that" Nat teased her.
"I know Connor would love that, he's got Beth keeping on eye on you for him during surgeries"
Ava put her legs up on the sofa and chuckled, "I thought she was texting quite a bit, figured it was a new boyfriend"
"You know what we could do, that I'm certain Rhodes would approve of?"
"What?" Ava asked.
Natalie took out her phone and held it up, "Wedding dress shopping"
Ava smiled and took out her phone, starting to plan for the wedding.