Chapter 84- Holiday

The new year had come around and Claire and Connor relationship was only getting better. The Bekker-Rhodes family was on there way to the Pacific islands for a family holiday together. Claire and Alexander has flown out the day before as Connor and Ava were called into a last minute surgery.

Connor drove them to O'Hare while the girls slept in the back seats and Ava listen to the radio on low. They got checked in, Connor took Amelia and went through the America line since she had an American passport. And Ava took Sophia through the foreign passport line. They reunited on the other side and Connor took Sophias suitcase from her, even if it was only small.
"I think she can manage" Ava told him, carrying their youngest.
"I'm just being a gentleman man" he told her as they lined up for their gate. Connor had booked business class and the back of the plane so Connor and Ava could sit next to each other, and Sophia was behind them in a row with only one seat. They had plenty of legroom so Sophia sat on a blanket on the floor at her parents feet, playing happily. The airline had supplied a portable crib for Amelia to use when she wasn't on her parents lap. Ava had brought plenty of toys, books and games to keep the girls entertained for their thirteen hour flight.

Ava closed her eyes as the plane took off.
"You okey? Connor asked.
"Fine I just hate take off" she told him, keeping her eyes shut.
Connor took her hand and squeeze it, making Ava open her eyes.
"You know id never let anything happen to you" he kissed her.
"I know"

Once they got to a good altitude Ava was fine, happily chatting with her family.
"I always wanted to bring my family here, it's so beautiful. I can't wait to show you" Connor whispered to Ava who hand her head on his shoulder.
"When were you last here?"
"This is where I scattered Downing's ashes, he introduced me to the place" Connor said softly. "I always wanted a show you it"
"He'd be so proud of you Connor, you know that"
Connor nodded his head, looking out the window at the blue water.

Sophia sat on Connors lap and the family put their headphone in to watch The Goonies. By hour eight Amelia had gone in and out of serval naps, and finally woke with a cry.
"Oh, come here baby" Ava lifted her out of her crib, kissing her forehead.
"Do you need a feed, is that it?" Ava whispered to her daughter.
Sophia had fallen asleep with her thumb in her mouth, leaning her head on Connors chest as she hugged him. Ava pulled off the hoodie she'd been wearing and pulled down her top to bare her chest. Amelia worked away happily while Ava continued to chat with Connor, Amelia's little hand wrapped around her finger.

"Excuse me?" Came a voice from the isle.
"Yes" Ava smiled politely.
"Is that your baby?"
"Yes, sorry for her crying a moment ago, she just wanted a feed" Ava said calmly.
"Yes. That's the issue, I don't think you should be exposing yourself like that in public" he man told her.
"I'm sorry" Ava scoffed, tilting her head.
"You have no right to tell my wife what she can or cannot do" Connor said sternly.
"Why can she go into the bathroom and do it then?"
"I'm not breastfeeding in a room the size of a closet" she said flatly.
"Well I don't want to see it!"
Connor went to say something before Ava interrupted him.
"Turn back around then"

The man did turn back in his seat and Ava exhaled shortly. Connor turned to face Ava.
"I love you" he said in awe as to how easily Ava could handle things.
"I know" She rested her head against Connors shoulder while Amelia continued to feed.
"I knew Americans weren't into breastfeeding but dam" Ava whispered to him.
"Mhm" Connor hummed, stroking her shoulder with his free hand.

They landed late at night, Connor carried Sophia over her shoulder and dragged all their bags to the car. Connor drove them to the bungalow they had rented, next door to Claire's. He took the girls and brought them into the house, setting them into the their beds before returning to get Ava, who was still asleep in the passenger seat. Connor picked her up and carried her to bed. Changing her into a night dress while Amelia sleep in her crib.
Connor climbed into bed next to her, kissing her forehead,
"Goodnight, my girl"