Chapter 44- Reunions

"Papa" Sophia shrieked, running to his bedside. Ava has come in on her day off to visit Connor, taking Sophia out of school for the day to visit him.
Connor was getting stronger by the day, he pulled himself up in bed to peer down at Sophia.
"Hey Princess" he smiled, reaching to pull her up to him.
"I got her" Ava picked Sophia up, placing her carefully on Connors lap. "You still not at 100% Connor, you can't do any heavy lifting"
"Yes, I heard you Dr. Bekker" Connor teased her and Ava rolled her eyes playfully.
"So how's Sophia today" Connor asked her
"Good papa, yesterday we went to the park with school" she told him excitedly.
"That is so cool. Thank you for all of your beautiful drawings to make me feel better" Connor kissed her temple, having missed his daughter.

"I'll be back in a minute, I just wanted to check on a patient" Ava told him, placing a hand on his arm.
"Theirs some snacks in the bag" Ava kisses him and Sophia goodbye.
"Should we see what's in the bag Sophia?"
"Yah" She cheered throwing her hands into the air. Connor pulled out a bar of chocolate and broke off two squares, popping one into his mouth and handing the other to Sophia.
Taking Sophias hands in his he stood her up on his knees, dancing with her on the bed.
"Oh I missed you sweetheart" he pulled her in for another hug.
"I thought you were gone again Papa"
Connor pulled back confused, "what do you mean darling?"
"I thought you were gone like before"
Connor frowned, realising that in his absence his girl had thought that he'd left again.
"Listen to me Sophia, I know I was gone for a bit, but I am never leaving you or mommy ever again. Okey, I promise" he stuck out his pinkie to her, giving her a pinkie promise.

"Is mummy okey, she's been sick" Sophia told him while playing with his hair.
"Sick how?" Connor asked worriedly.
"In the bathroom" Sophia told him as Ava appeared in the door way.
"Hey there" she hugged the two of them.
"Mumma can I go see Aunty Nat?"
"Okey, I'll take you down to the doctors lounge, but she might not be free Sophia" Ava warned her, picking her up. "I love you Connor, I'll be back in a minute"
Ava disappeared down the hall, looking through Ava's bag of goodies he found a sports magazine to keep himself entertained.

Reading an article about the latest Blackhawks game he'd missed Ava reappeared and the door once again. "Connor" she sighed, leaning over the bed to kiss him, lingering their having missed the feeling.
"Ave" he smiled at her before she took a seat on the side of the bed.
"Patient okey?" He asked, taking her hand.
"Yeah, elderly women, she should be out of here by tomorrow; Friday at the latest"
"Speaking of getting out of here, your free to go home next week"
Connor threw his arms around Ava, pulling her into a tight embrace. Kissing her curls he let go of her head.
"I can't wait to be back in bed with you" he grinned to her.
"Nice to know where your heads at" Ava teased him.
"Can you blame me I've been all alone in this cold bed" Connor laughed.
"Are you doing okey Ave, Sophia said you were sick in the bathroom this morning" Connor asked, taking on a serious tone.
"Oh no I'm fine, I was just a bit under the weather. I'm fine now honestly" she assured him.
Connor didn't pry more, taking her answer easily. Being to consumed with the thought of being home again with his girls.