Chapter 16- Confessions

"It's time to talk"
Ava looked to Jay and Voight for confirmation and he gave here a determined nod.
"I can tell him everything?"
"We'll all be here to explain Ava" Goodwin said taking a set, knowing this was going to be a long talk.

Ava nodded, thinking of where to start.
Eagerly taking Connors hands in hers, "Connor Sophia's your daughter" she beamed at him.
Connor let out a chuckled, "I know my girl"
Ava furrowed her brows in confusion, looked to Goodwin, Voight and Jay, for confirmation of who told him.
"It wasn't me Av, you should have heard him last night, had convinced himself I'd left you pregnant in South Africa" Jay told her from his position leaning against the hospital wall.
"I was having a look at your medical file, saw Sophia under direct family, and her real birth date"
"Why didn't you tell me?" Connor said softly, his heartbreaking at the thought of Ava keeping this from him for so long. Going through this alone.
"Would you have had believe me if I had told you?" Ava asked calmly, furrowing her brows, tears burning the back of her eyes at the thought of her time in Chicago.
Connor hung his head in defeat, knowing that this was all his doing, Ava's suffering and bleeding, it was him. "No" Connor murmured into her hand, staring at the nasty IV.

"That was partly my fault as well Connor, Ava wanted to tell you desperately when she came back to Chicago, PD couldn't let her. We had to protect her and Sophia" Jay says.
Ava put a comforting hand on Connors shoulder, "That's what we were arguing about yesterday, my heart was breaking lying to you so much. And seeing you so happy with Sophia made me want us to be a family so badly"
Ava felt such bliss in the moment, they way Connor looked at her, the love in his eyes, she felt as if she was falling in love again.

Connor looked away suddenly, remember Jays words. "What did they need protection from?"
"What, it's is more like who. Before Ava left for South Africa she was getting threats, the incident with ICE, all of that stopped when Ava left Chicago. But now she's returned it seems like someone has it out for here again" Voight explained.
Ava took out her phone to show Connor the text thread, "Avery, you should have told me"
"It would have only worried you more, besides I'm not going to be bullied out of a city, again, by some empty threats" Ava argued, refusing to be pushed around.
"Ava trying to have you deported is not an empty threat" Goodwin reminded her, as Ava rolled her eyes, refusing to back down.

Connor scrolled down to find the photo of Ava and a Sophia waking to their car.
"This was taken from inside the hospital, it this why you wanted he to walk you to your car that evening"
Ava nodded weakly in reply as Connor squeezed her hand again.
"When I reached out to Ava again and she mentioned the threats that she had previously not told anyone about, we realised that it could be connected to your fathers death" Sharron said grimly.
"We believe someone was trying to get rid of Ava and your farther, and tried a "two birds one stone approach" Voight informed him.

"Any ex-girlfriends with a vendetta against your farther and a hatred of me that we should be aware of?" Ava joked.
As serious as the situation was Connor was just happy that Bekker was still at heart, Bekker.

A/n; so just to explain the details of an incident between Ava and ICE referenced in this text, It will be discussed throughly in the prequel to "mistakes of our past " that I am currently also writing. 😉
Was it clever to write the sequel to a book before writing the original story?, probably not, but inspiration takes us to strange places.
Their will be minor details referenced in the story like the ICE incident and talk of Ava's previous military work, they won't effect the story drastically but their details I wanted to include that will be explained fully in the prequel. I wanted to give Ava some hobbies and extra details to her life that we didn't get in MED.
Also you can't watch Chicago PD in my country. As a result I've never seen most of the PD charters behave on screen so if their personalities don't line up that's why😬